Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

adding more to the mix...pics are now up!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding more to the mix...pics are now up!!!!!

saturday i picked up a new 75 and put all the new fish in it,unfortinutly i lost a chocolate,but everything else is doing great,out of the three hrp,i got one pair and they are ready to spawn,the green terror,festae,chocolate,and two flowerhorns are doing great,untill today when i stubbled across a young pair of true red devils,so i bought them and now the festae......i have never seen him move so much,lol.but there all finding there place and starting to get along.it is funny the reason i got the 75 was to get a couple differant species and start to grow them out to get a pair.now i have 2.so ill have to get the 50 back out and set up for the red devils.what id like to find is a female festae,or a small3-5" pair of texas or something simillar[south american/central]to complete my new collection,
    but to be honest when has a collection ever been complete,lol.pics of the new pair will be up soon as well as the new setup.

Re: adding more to the mix...

Cool. Keep us informed!

Comment

im working on the pics as we speak[type]

Comment

red devils

hrp's

Comment

tank

Comment

the festae

group hug...

the flowerhorns

Comment

and last but not least the last tank to get tore down in ohio...
              my colony

Comment

Re: adding more to the mix...pics are now up!!!!!

I can see where the Horns color has lighten due to your Festae. But I'm still excited about them. When do you want to try make the swap happen?

Comment

possibly tomarrow,what is your schedule like?i should be off around 4-430 but by the time i get home and bag them up i could meet around 530-630?

Comment

I've got class tommorrow night at 6pm, but we may only have to stay for the syllabus and a briefing of the class. So I may be out for 6:30-6:45pm. I'm just coolin' right now, so would tonight be better?

Comment

Hey, nice pics! I wish mine would come out half as good as that.

Comment

Crash - are those just graden store flower pots or did you treat them with something? Did you sand the edges?

Gorgeous photos. How do you get those guys to sit still? Mine must be hyper-active! LOL!

Comment

i have a male hrp too and he just bred with a convict again in a flower pot.

daisymac, when i use the flower pots i just make sure i clean them really good and if im not lazy i boil them for about half an hour just in case there is pesticides or fertilizers on them. other than that i just tap a hole into them or pop the bottoms out with a garlic crusher but do it lightly.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

yep,just store bought i have had those for years and years.but i take them home and scrub them then boil them for about 45 min to an hour,never sanded them just years of being underwater.as for the pics,im dissapointed actually.im having a hard time with my new camera but there getting better,you have to know how to anticipate where the fish is gonna go and kinda just move the camera that direction and take the pic,at first it is alot of luck,but once you get the hang of it its easy.i wish i could get a good pick of the festae not one pic ive put up here can show him justice....

Comment

Do you think my loaches would like hanging out in the flower pots? I have a bunch of empty clay pots in the backyard, and that's a lot cheaper than getting caves at the store!

The pots I have already have a hole in the bottom, Ek, so I don't get what you are saying about the garlic crusher. Do I break the pots first and then boil them?

Crash - when you shoot the photos are you using the motion/action setting?

Comment

Working...
                              X