Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nano planted tank...updated w/ pics of mine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nano planted tank...updated w/ pics of mine.

anyone here have nano plant tanks?

im getting ready to set up a 2.5 with some florabase and probably 18w coralife lamp and probably co2 for some ricca and baby tears. anyone have pictures or any precautionary advise?
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Re: Nano planted tanks

COOL! My only precautionary advice is to use the tank for what you intend...I have a 2.5 and a 5 that I've wanted to plant for as long as I've had them, and SOMEHOW a fish or three always ends up in them, and then I just throw in some java moss!! Argh. I'd love to hear how it goes, though.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

the only thing that might make its way in here fishwise is a hm plakat if i can find one in town but for now i plan a few crs or cherry reds. still would like to find a little piece of driftwood to use in there so if anyone wants to trade a peckoltia pleco for a piece then shoot me a pm.

i will update tomorrow with pics of the tank filled with florabase
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

sounds cool. i saw some cool nano's on the aqutic plant central site, but i know you are on there too eklike. so u have probably seen them as well. i especialy like the 1 gallon nano with no filter and a sigle neon, just cus of how it looks. and i like cherry red over crs simply because they do better in out harder water. plus they like much cheaper
        Never fear I is here
        David Abeles
        Vice President
        Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

sounds cool. i saw some cool nano's on the aquatic plant central site, but i know you are on there too eklike. so u have probably seen them as well. i especialy like the 1 gallon nano with no filter and a sigle neon, just cus of how it looks. and i like cherry red over crs simply because they do better in our harder water. plus they like much cheaper
          Never fear I is here
          David Abeles
          Vice President

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
            the only thing that might make its way in here fishwise is a hm plakat if i can find one
            Don't forget the Betta Show & Auction this weekend.   I'm sure there will be plenty of plakats there.

If you want to wait 3 months I,  I have just purchased a pair of proven giant red plakat breeders. (may be too big for your nano)

'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
            He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Originally posted by Tiapan";p="
              sounds cool. i saw some cool nano's on the aquatic plant central site, but i know you are on there too eklike. so u have probably seen them as well. i especialy like the 1 gallon nano with no filter and a sigle neon, just cus of how it looks. and i like cherry red over crs simply because they do better in our harder water. plus they like much cheaper

i saw that one! one of the many that spiked my intrest in this little project. i was thinking cherry's as well since the solid red would probably look better in this tank and there's no arguing the price difference.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by PhishPhreek";p="
                Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
                the only thing that might make its way in here fishwise is a hm plakat if i can find one
                Don't forget the Betta Show & Auction this weekend.   I'm sure there will be plenty of plakats there.

If you want to wait 3 months I,  I have just purchased a pair of proven giant red plakat breeders. (may be too big for your nano)

well its either or and cant be both a betta and shrimps as it will eventually end up with one. that plakat is really nice! but i was thinking along the lines of the steel dragons, those are amazing! either way, in three months and you have more than you can handle please drop me a line and ill gladly take them off your hands. as for the show & auction i have a babyshower i have to be at so i will have to miss the auction but i will try to make it.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

its amazing how many thing try to compete with the fish hobby, i wint be able to make the next or subsequent Lake Houston meeting because the only time i could find for a class was friday evenings. darn college.
                  Never fear I is here
                  David Abeles
                  Vice President

Comment

Originally posted by Tiapan";p="
                    its amazing how many thing try to compete with the fish hobby, i wint be able to make the next or subsequent Lake Houston meeting because the only time i could find for a class was friday evenings. darn college.

huh?
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

snapped some pics of it, have the marineland 100/150 in there temporary just to clear it up and till the azoo palm filter comes in. will be picking up a coralife 18w mini light this weekend so it should be planted soon.

Pearl Weed (Hemianthus micranthemoides)
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Looks good! Is the featherfin/threadfin a temporary resident? Wow, I have a lot of questions....

First off, if the hemianthus does well, and you have some extra, I'll gladly buy some from you! I bought a bunch from Village a few weekends ago, but my mistake was putting the Columban ramshorns I got at the HAS auction in the same tank. Since it was still transitioning from emersed to submerged growth, they quickly ate it all. Whoops. Also, the flora base looks very nice. Is there only one size? That one looks smaller than I remember.

Be sure to post pics when it's all planted!!

Comment

the threadfin is in my other tank along with the hemianthus till i get the 2.5 ready or till the rest of it comes in. i didnt know florabase came in different sizes i just and this one i got packaged in a smaller bag(leftover) from village.

i have some hemianthus in the other tank which i just cut down so when it grows upwards again ill pull it for you.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Great, thanks!! And with the FloraBase, I dunno, for some reason it just looks smaller in comparison with the 2.5. Maybe (probably) it's just me.  

Comment

was able to get the lighting and ended up buying a piece of driftwood for the 2.5. after boiling the dw for awhile and put it in strapping some riccia to it and then planted the rest of the tank.

planting stem plants in flora base sucks!!!!! with forceps, tweezers and surgical scissors it was a real PITA!! i ended up throwing alot of the hemmianthus back in my other tank.

here are some cloudy pictures of it....

now i just have to wait till everything starts spreading.
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X