Any shrimp keepers on NW side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any shrimp keepers on NW side?

I need to re-stock my Cherry tank  - anyone got any FS?
    Russ

My other hobby?Vroom![b]

Re: Any shrimp keepers on NW side?

I only have 2 blue crystals, but I know the gang here was talking Mike at Sunny's inot getting some at his store. Don't know if he did or not.

I got mine at Aquarium world. I think I need some more of those little guys - they have OCD when it comes to cleaning!  

Comment

It bugs the hell out of me!

CRS breed like roaches, but no one locally seems to carry them. And the online "pro's" want anything from $3 to $7 each for them!!!

I am scanning AquaBid now... think I have found some. When I have, and my breeding colony is back online I will sell them to Fishboxers for $1 a piece!
      Russ

My other hobby?Vroom![b]

Comment

Sounds good to me! I haven't kept any shrimp (besides ghost shrimp) yet. CRS-I get mixed up, are those crystal red or red cherry?
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

village tropical and fish ranchII has crs-crystal red shrimp
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Trouble with Ghosts is their little known darkside...they are predatory. Great food for big fish, but they eat small fish, fry and baby cherry reds shrimp.

I have Amanos, Ghosts and Bamboo's in my 150.  I had my CRS in a seperate tank with a few ghosts (big mistake).

CRS are great with small fish, and fun all by themselves.
            Russ

My other hobby?Vroom![b]

Comment

RCS stand for red cherry shrimp. CRS is for Crystal red shrimp. the main prob i haave with CRS is that its hard to get super good color quality for good price. and Russ you stole my idea of selling Cherries to Fishbox for a buck lol. no but i am trying to get a colony started as well. had not heard about ghost eating cherry babies. good to know. anyway village almost always has cherries in stock(at 3 bucks a pop) so if you need new blood or starter blood thats the only place that i know consistently has them.
              Never fear I is here
              David Abeles
              Vice President
              Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

LOL!   ...CRS...RCS...Aaagh! As a Brit I struggle with all these TLA's (Three Letter Acronyms)! I should have thought of that before deciding to live in a country where the very name is a TLA!

I am pleased to have found some other decapod fans here though. Man! If you and I both put some nice shrimps on the local market at a sensible we could get a bunch more fans too!

For me I wanted a big tank with lots of aquatic life across the whole spectrum. So I have a 150 with small fish, shrimp and a big cray (see my avatar). Thta's what got me into it.

I love Village, but its a long haul for me. Love to support LFS's but with a real job, a business on the side, two kids (4 yo and 18mo) I don't get the time!
                Russ

My other hobby?Vroom![b]

Comment

Originally posted by RussGB";p="
                  LOL!   ...CRS...RCS...Aaagh! As a Brit I struggle with all these TLA's (Three Letter Acronyms)! I should have thought of that before deciding to live in a country where the very name is a TLA!
                  At least you don't work at N.A.S.A.
                  'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                  He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I have a breeder tank of cherries that I would not mind selling for $1 a piece how many did you want. I also have 3 plants used by most shrimp breeders.

Comment

As a Brit I struggle with all these TLA's (Three Letter Acronyms)! I should have thought of that before deciding to live in a country where the very name is a TLA!
                      U.K. is a Two Letter Acronym  

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDubC";p="
                        As a Brit I struggle with all these TLA's (Three Letter Acronyms)! I should have thought of that before deciding to live in a country where the very name is a TLA!
                        U.K. is a Two Letter Acronym  
                        LOl - so is GB I guess!!!
                        Russ

My other hobby?Vroom![b]

Comment

Originally posted by mycoolhoney";p="
                          I have a breeder tank of cherries that I would not mind selling for $1 a piece how many did you want. I also have 3 plants used by most shrimp breeders.
                          AAAAGGHHH! I just completed an Aquabid for $2 a pop!!!!   I should learn some patience I guess!
                          Russ

My other hobby?Vroom![b]

Comment

Originally posted by mycoolhoney";p="
                            I would be interested in some. And what are these plants you speak of?

Jerry
                            75gal heavy planted tank
                            pea gravel on soil substrate
                            DIY CO2
                            3 zebra botias, 9 glowlights, 2 yoyo loachs, wild guppies

55gal planted
                            same substrate
                            DIY CO2
                            1 gold, 1 zebra, 4 koi, 2 dark zebra angels, ghost & amano shrimp

Comment

guppy grass, water sprite, java moss

Comment

Working...
                              X