This weekend in San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weekend in San Antonio

So this weekend my wife and i went to Sa for family. And i got to take my kids to the SA river where they have a part of the Witte Museum a Treehouse kid's musuem. Pretty cool.

They had a Video to see under the water in the river. Nothing really could be seen. but next to it, there were indexes of fish from Rio Grande Perch(Texas Cichlid) to Suckermouth Catfish(Armadillo del rio). Nothing on the screen we walk outside to leave. And next to the river they have a small pond. And in it were the native or now native fish of SA river. plecos and cichlids from africa, to blue gills...

it was great fun. I recommend anyone going to SA check out the Tree House Museum.
    Plecos:
    L083 (Gibby)
    L104 (Clown)
    L147 (Peckoltia sp.)
    L155 (A. Hystrix)
    L310 (Red Fin Bruno)
    LDA72 (BN)
    LDA76 (False Zebra)
    Rineloricaria parva (whiptail)
    Rineloricaria lancelota

Re: This weekend in San Antonio

How long has that been there? When our gilrs were little we loved going to SA! We would do the touristy things in SA and then tubing in New Braunfels. So much fun!

Have youe ever eaten at the Magic Time Machine? It is a blast, but don't ever ask where the bathroom is . . . talk about being embarrassed!

Comment

It was put up maybe 4-5 years ago. And it was amazing, once a year i take them, the kids, there. and they are everywhere. Tubing in NB is allways fun aside from the drunken lout you happen to float by....

The magic time machine -  went for my 18th bday. yeah that was embarassing. i felt dumb with a paper bag on my head that said 'now i can smoke'. haha.
      Plecos:
      L083 (Gibby)
      L104 (Clown)
      L147 (Peckoltia sp.)
      L155 (A. Hystrix)
      L310 (Red Fin Bruno)
      LDA72 (BN)
      LDA76 (False Zebra)
      Rineloricaria lancelota

Comment

The first time I went it was with a bunch of Sunday School teachers, and we were at a  church convention. Well, we were no saints and ordered the Roman orgy, along with beverages  :wink: - talk about getting ribbed by the staff.

Then 3 of us were so stupid and asked abouth the restrooms - Geez! It was a parade through the entire restaurant. One the the ladies was very genteel and she was so red faced.    It was a scream.

A couple years later I took my daughters there and they loved it. We still have a picture in our hallway of all of us with our servers (King Arthur, a Jester, Dorothy from Oz.)

Comment

LOL - I went to the Magic Time Machine when I was in band. The Baytown Lee band and orchestra went and we had so much fun! I'll keep that museum in mind for the next time I'm in S.A. It is such a fun town!

Ellen

Comment

Does anyone have phone # or address to these locations.
            Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
            Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
            Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Here is a link-

Comment

for the witte museum and the HEB Treehouse

Consistently ranked as San Antonio's top museum! Explore Texas history, wildlife, dinosaurs and more!
                Plecos:
                L083 (Gibby)
                L104 (Clown)
                L147 (Peckoltia sp.)
                L155 (A. Hystrix)
                L310 (Red Fin Bruno)
                LDA72 (BN)
                LDA76 (False Zebra)
                Rineloricaria lancelota

Comment

Working...