best cell service provider?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best cell service provider?

Ive currently got Sprint and am only marginally satisfied with both the service, price and amount of minutes for that price.

Ive never heard anything good of Cingular. Every person I know who has it is dissatisfied.

Ive heard T-Mobile is no good outside Tx.

So that leaves Verizon. Anyone?

Thanks in advance.
    - When Life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make Life take the damn lemons back!

Re: best cell service provider?

the commercials say that verizon has a killer network....

i had sprint and it was super expensive but had reception in a lot of places when i needed it.

cingular sucked all the way around, poor service and kinda expensive

t-mobile is who im with now and it works fairly well and with mobile to mobile the minutes are barely even used since most of who i call or calls me has t-mobile.(which would work out with whoever you have if they offer it)

cricket is suppose to be the hot thing now but its worthless outside of tx

my family owns telecom wireless and they are good people
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I've been w/ Cingular for about 4 maybe 5 yrs. and has NEVER had a problem w/ them. My service was still functional during Katrina and Rita. So it depends...

Comment

I've had all three: Verizon, T-Mobile, Cingular - in that order.

Verizon - Had lots of dropped calls, but that was back in the day

T-Mobile - Had dropped calls, but nothing too bad. Every once in a while, no big deal if you ask me.

Cingular - Current cell provider. I like them, I only drop calls when I'm talking to my mom and one of my friends (who both have T-Mobile).

I don't really have a bad opinion about any of them.... I think you have to see who has the best prices for your individual needs. I believe they're all about the same...  

Ellen

Comment

I have Verizon now. Had Sprint for years and years, just switched over less than a year ago because if I was in my house, or even my parent's house, we could never get service. Verizon's great, in my opinion. I am trying not to sound like a cheesy commercial, but they really do seem to offer a plan for whatever it is you need and want.
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

i thin kevyeone has different experience swith their phone. i have T-mobile and have had them for years. never really have a probelm with them. girlfriend has lots of problems with her cingular. but i also have a booster in mine from way back when. had the booster through like 4 phones , still gets me better reception lol. even at the beach when no one around me can get reception. but i like my phone and service. doesnt mean u have to swtich to them
            Never fear I is here
            David Abeles
            Vice President
            Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

I hopped on the GSM bandwagon when it was new on AT&T Wireless and kept my service when they got acquired by Cingular.  I haven't had any major problems.  When I used to live in Chicago, there was one area that I would drive thru that would always make me drop a call, but that was it.  Even when my girlfriend and I were in a long-distance relationship and were on the phone a LOT, the service was excellent.  One time, we were on the phone for 9 hrs w/out a single drop (9pm-6am which isn't peak time, but still).

In general I don't get dropped calls, but sometimes ppl from other networks can't get thru to me.

Also, I've found Cingular customer service VERY helpful and always giving me the benefit of the doubt.  Last year when I added a feature to my plan to give me more text messages halfway thru a billing cycle, they gave me unlimited text messages until the beginning of my next billing cycle free of charge.  Just recently I changed my text message plan to a multimedia message plan, and when they noticed that I had sent a multimedia message a few days prior, they made my multimedia message plan effective the beginning of the current billing cycle so that I wouldn't get charged for that multimedia message.  Very cool.

Comment

Working...
              X