keeping miniature sword grass rooted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeping miniature sword grass rooted

Im having a problem with my miniature sword grass to stay under the sand it has like 5 runners coming off of it and everything constently pops out of the sand. Is there any way to keep it rooted. I think the corys keep digging it up.

Re: South American tank - where to get plants?

Originally posted by Mark";p="
    Im having a problem with my miniature sword grass to stay under the sand it has like 5 runners coming off of it and everything constently pops out of the sand. Is there any way to keep it rooted. I think the corys keep digging it up.

i have some plants that shoot out runners and what i do is when they are grown out i just pile some sand on the runner but i dont have corries. in my tank i have a high turnover rate and the current is pretty strong so i have a problem with an occasional uprooting but piling sand on the runner works.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Re: keeping miniature sword grass rooted

Have the swords been in the tank for a while? Sometimes you just have to keep pushing it under the sand, but eventually it should take root. But, if it's been in the tank for a while, then it just might be the cories. What kind?
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

there are 2 standard albinos and 6 long fin albinos(almost breeding size). I've tryed to post pics but our internet is too slow. I will try to burry them agin if it dosent work I will wait till the root system grows stronger.

Comment

sounda like agood plan, a lot of microswords will grow up when they dont have room to grow out but it doesnt sound like that is you problem, if you had any kind of solid cover (rock, wood that sort or thing) you could place that to keep the runner downeven with the cories, at least till it gets deeper roots.
          Never fear I is here
          David Abeles
          Vice President
          Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

I found some 1 inch peices of petrified wood and put those over every other runner and they cant dig those up. thanks for the ideas everybody. :bsty:

Comment

Great!    Hey, where'd you get the 1 inch pieces of petrified wood?!?
              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

we know some peaple up in mid texas that there road is made of red clay. and when we were staying with them one time i went for a walk and they were mixed into the road.

Comment

Working...
                X