Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wanted.....small piece of malaysian drift wood.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted.....small piece of malaysian drift wood.

went and bought a piece

thanks everyone.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Re: wtb/wtt::::Anybody have some left over EcoComplete????

ygpm

i have some

Comment

Re: Anybody have some left over EcoComplete---found some---

anyone have some tiny pieces of malaysian driftwood they want to trade for the peckoltia pleco???
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Re: wanted.....small piece of malaysian drift wood.

noone with a small piece of driftwood they want to get rid of?
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Re: Anybody have some left over EcoComplete---found some---

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
          anyone have some tiny pieces of malaysian driftwood they want to trade for the peckoltia pleco???
          OK,  I know the difference between hard wood and soft wood,  but explain to me how to tell malaysian driftwood from other driftwood.
          Thanks
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Re: wanted.....small piece of malaysian drift wood.

Types of driftwood

There more than several types of driftwood that are readily available for purchase in the aquarium trade. These include:

Standard driftwood - The most readily available and most economical kind of driftwood. This wood is commonly found in North America, besides other part of the world. It is the remnants of trunks or branches that are worn by water erosion or sandblasted by wind erosion. Standard driftwood is available in an endless number of shapes and sizes. It floats and can be sunk by two different methods. The first method is letting it soak in the aquarium over time. The length of time a piece of standard driftwood floats depends on the piece of wood. Small pieces can take weeks, larger pieces take months or even years! A much quicker method is to use a piece of slate that has a hole drilled into it for a screw. We recommend a stainless steel screw which won't rust in the aquarium. The screw is simply fit through the hole and then screwed into the wood. You can also use aquarium safe silicone, but you will have to wait for the silicone to cure. Once in the aquarium, the slate can be covered with either rocks or gravel.

African or Savanna Root - This is probably the second most common driftwood available. It is self-sinking, therefore no slate mounting or extending soaking is needed. It does not have the appearance of standard driftwood. Rather, it is gnarly on one side and quite smooth on the other.

African Driftwood - Not to be confused with African Root. African driftwood looks more like standard driftwood but it's self-sinking. It's more intricate in shape and darker than standard driftwood. Pieces can be quite hollow or have a ribbed appearance. African driftwood pieces are typically hundreds of years old. They command a high price when compared to standard driftwood.

Malaysian driftwood - Another self-sinking driftwood. Close in a appearance to standard driftwood, it typically has elongated branches. An excellent choice if you are looking to attach plants like Java Fern to a piece of wood. It is self-sinking.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
            X