This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 + Crystal Vals will trade or sell

I have at least 20 crystal vals that I'd like to thin out.  I'd love to trade them for low light plants...specifically something as a backdrop with broad leaves or possibly red root floater.  I'd also sell them for $10 if you pick them up from my home.  TIA!

Re: 20 + Crystal Vals will trade or sell

Maybe you should bring them to the swap n sell in Huffman. Check back after Sept 1 for the date of the swap for Sept. Or come to the LHA meeting Friday evening Sept 1st @ 7pm. Check with Scott for directions if you're interested in coming.

Jerry
    75gal heavy planted tank
    pea gravel on soil substrate
    DIY CO2
    3 zebra botias, 9 glowlights, 2 yoyo loachs, wild guppies

55gal planted
    same substrate
    DIY CO2
    1 gold, 1 zebra, 4 koi, 2 dark zebra angels, ghost & amano shrimp

Comment

I'll check back then for the swap & sell.  Do people usually bring plants?

Comment

Yes, we love plants!

Comment

VERY MUCH!!    Bring any and all that you can!
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

again another supporter for plants. if fact i believe that was what most of what was swapped last time. lol
            Never fear I is here
            David Abeles
            Vice President
            Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Yeah, this whole plant trend is starting to get me down, hehe. Here I sit once again raising the wrong thing! All this time I thought aquariums were about the fish, boy was I mistaken! Turns out I should have invested heavily in lights and ferts and skipped on the whole fish thing completely. ( Then I would be the Bill Gates of aquatic plants right?)
              Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

I'm going to try to make the next LHA swap.  I'm always interested in plants and seeing what others have in the way of fish and plants.  I'm not that into plants, just like the natural look they give a tank.  I've just been finding out the hard way what will work and not work with my low light.  I guess "ladies" and I use that term loosely, are allowed?

You could always use your new fish room space for plants, but somehow, I don't think that's going to happen. :wink:
                Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Working...
                X