Pop Eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop Eye

What cure do you use to cure pop eye i have used quick cure in the past but it take about a week or so to do the trick is there any cure that is quicker? Thanks for your commits

Re: Pop Eye

I don't know of any names of medications and such. I was under the impression that pop eye is more of a symptom of another underlying problem with the fish. Is that correct?
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

a friend had a flowerhorn that had popeye, quarintine, marcyn, salt and water changes. after all that he was like new again there are others too like marcyn, marcynII and ampicillex.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Is it a parasite that is living under the eye like a fluke or another type of
        organism?

Comment

copied from here http://fishiezoo.com/articles/diseases.html

Popeye Description:
          Popeye is some type of infection or fluid buildup that causes the eyes of a fish to bulge out of their sockets. It can be caused by bacteria and infections may range from minor to fatal. Popeye is often an early warning of dropsy and it is often recommended that you treat it as such just in case.

Symptoms: Eyes of the fish will bulge as if they are going to pop out of the sockets.

Treatment: General antibiotics such as Melafix can be effective, but since it has a wide range of causes, it is hard to treat.

here are some other articles about it

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Well I have set-up a hospital tank and i have the fish medicated with Maracyn-II. We will see if it does the trick in five days. Thanks for your support.

Comment

make sure you keep up with water changes
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Is it 1 eye or 2? If it is only 1 eye, I found this is typically due to injury and will clear up untreated with weekly water changes after a few weeks.

If its two, its a bacteria and needs to be treated in a hospital tank. Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
                X