A. compressiceps Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A. compressiceps Problem

This may or may not be related to the problem I'm currently having with my marlieri being bloated, but I want to run this past everyone.

One of my A. compressiceps has this thing that looks kind of like a rudder sticking down from where the fish's "chin" would be, just below the back of the gills, and in front of the belly. It's probably about 1/4-inch deep on an adult fish. I had another fish of this same species that developed the same problem, and was dead within a week. The current fish with the problem is not acting right, and its color is not good, either.

Could this be related somehow to the bloating I'm seeing in the marlieri?

All the other ~45 fish in my 120-gallon tank act just fine. I have N. leleupi, O. ventralis, other marlieri, other compressiceps. C. leptosoma and S. petricola that all seem to be doing fine.

I do a 20% water change every two weeks, use Seachem Lake Salt and Cichlid Buffer.

Re: A. compressiceps Problem

Do you happen to have a picture? It might help... I'm not sure.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Yes, please try to get a pic posted ASAP.  I'm tryin to think if it has something to do w/ the way lamprologs' jaws work, as comp jaws seem to be very delicate and prone to "malfunction."

Comment

>Yes, please try to get a pic posted ASAP.  I'm tryin to think if it has >something to do w/ the way lamprologs' jaws work, as comp jaws seem >to be very delicate and prone to "malfunction."

I've been waiting for an opportunity to get a picture. This type of fish seems to like to be stationary a lot of the time, and this individual is no exception. He's sitting resting his belly on the sand behind a plant, so I cannot see if the problem is still there, or if it has worsened. I guess I'm going to have to stir things up.   As soon as I can get a picture, I'll post it here.

Comment

Working...
        X