Refreshing employee at W*lmart on 290

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refreshing employee at W*lmart on 290

His name is Santos. I am hoping he will join us soon at the Box. He is very knowledgeable, has a 55g tank himself and the tanks look great. I had been in last week and heard him telling this couple how incompatible the fish they wanted to buy were. So went in today and pumped him for info, and he passed the test.

Showed me the Python - now I want one. Helped me the ICH situation, and when I tested him with stupid questions he knew all the right answers. Good job! So not all Wally world places are incompetent. I told him not to take it personally when he read some of the things that had been said and he just laughed. He said they give them only the bare bones training in fish, but he knew what to do in the first place.

I didn't buy any fish, but only because I want to get rid of the ICH first. Check him out - but be aware that the pull him to the loading docks to help unload - he is a strong looking young man.

Re: Refreshing employee at W*lmart on 290

Sounds like you guys hit it off......

I have been pretty shocked by some employees who are actually knoledgeable at their position. The python's at wal-mart are a bit cheaper than what you find at lfs'  but I have only found the 25' there so I ended up getting a 50' from aquarium world which wasn't overly priced compared to the net.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Ha! Hit it off . . .  I am a "Gigi" which translates to grandmother ( a young one at that thank you very much)  but he was so helpful I just had to share it with the rest of the BOX.

Comment

They do only have the 25', but I still think its a better deal to buy it there and the an extension for however much more you need online that to just buy the long one at a lfs. They're ridiculously overpriced at the lfs!

Ellen

Comment

Grandma's need to have fun too :)

The 50' I got from aquarium world was price as drfostersmith.com does with shipping so the only extra cost was sales tax. I was really suprised that it was that cheap.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I'll check out Aquarium world first. But did you check out the prices at bigalsonline? Seems way cheap even with shipping.

Comment

Working...
            X