Anybody here hit the shooting ranges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here hit the shooting ranges?

another thread struck my intrest to see what other hobbies we have out there...

one of my other hobbies is building and shooting guns, anybody out there share the same?
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Re: Anybody here hit the shooting ranges?

I don't build them but I like to shoot. I go to Clear Creek gun range. It's the only one down here with a 200yd range.

Mark
    What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

I don't build them but I love to shoot handguns... both semi-autos and revolvers.  I have a particular interest in combat and practical/self-defense scenarios.  I haven't started reloading yet but I've thought about it pretty seriously.

Comment

I love going to the shooting range! Too bad I'm not very good...

Ellen

Comment

Well I go to carter's country most of the time but they have become liberal almost and they shut down there 200 yd due to the outbreak of homes and stuff around there.. American shooting center is the place to go now for long range shooting and impact zone for all out fun!! Impact zone allows full auto, suppresed and basically all the fun that the other ranges frown upon.

I have built multiple ar15's and do most to all the custon work to all my other guns. I don't feel comfortable reloading but would really like to try, the only problem is not knowing someone to help guide what to buy and what not to buy.

I think some tactical courses would be awesome but there's rarely anything good near here, mostly private land stuff.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I love to shoot guns at the range hand guns are my favorite. I haven't gone in so long I miss it.

Comment

I am in high school now, I like to play paintball and airsoft (fading out of paintball becouse its so expensive but we made about 6 acres of our pasture into a paintball course).we own eleven acres and in winter I hunt squirrel and rabbit. Just so you know my dad is Ken/mark and I made a new profile when we got a new computer.

Comment

I have spent some fun time beating the Mesquite bush and shooting the Skeet birds on the fly.  
                But I'm considering bullseye pistol.... Anyone know of a local range ?

'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Originally posted by PhishPhreek";p="
                  I have spent some fun time beating the Mesquite bush and shooting the Skeet birds on the fly.  

http://www.mrpc.info/bullseye.htm
                  That's sounds like some fun!

I never heard of it though and from what I see at the ranges in and around houston I doubt there's a place here.

I'm a team member over at ar15.com and the local guys hold shoots/get togethers and they usually open to suggestions of little friendly matches when we do get out, maybe see what they think. Think there's going to be a labor day shoot coming up.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by PhishPhreek";p="

http://www.mrpc.info/bullseye.htm
                    I don't know of a local range that has a bullseye course. My best bud is a gunsmith in Lamarque. I'll ask if he's heard of one. His shop is called Williams Gunsmith. He loads all my rounds and is the only smith that I'll let work on my guns.

Mark
                    What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

if yall figure something out on this bullseye shooting and somewhere around houston deal me in!!

probably would do really good but im willing to ring out my little peashooter.

whats a thread without pictures  

my walther p22 suppressed w/ gemtech outbackII
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I enjoy building guns also
                        I have 2 AR's that I have built and an AK that I rebuilt. I'll post pictures of those later, but here are a few of my handguns:

Kimber Stainless Pro Carry

G30 SF .45

1943 Colt 1911 A1

9mm Sig P229 Dark Elite (Step 1)

9mm Sig P229 Dark Elite w/ AAC Ti-rant Suppressor (Step 2)

9mm Sig P229 Dark Elite w/ AAC Ti-rant Suppressor and 30rd mag (Step 3)
                        Last edited by Vigilante; 05-25-2012, 07:49 AM.

Comment

I need to go shoot my pistol.
                          Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Let's do it! I need to break in my new Taurus PT 1911.

Mark

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by sunkenmetal View Post
                              I need to go shoot my pistol.
                              I'm too scared of the loud noise.
                              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Working...
                              X