Clown Loaches clicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clown Loaches clicking

I have read that if they are happy with their food they make clicking sounds. I figured mine weren't very happy, cuz I never heard anything.

Then yesterday I put in some fresh algae tablets for them. I was watching them to see if they were going to eat and I heard this sound, like a fingernail tapping on glass. I thought my tank was cracking or something awful like that, but I saw that they were going nuts for the tablets, and I think it was them.

Has anyone else heard these kinds of noises? I think I will google it to see if there is an audio file of the sounds.

Re: Clown Loaches clicking

I haven't heard anything, but if you find an audio file, post it. It would be neat to hear!!  :)
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Go here and go to the last link on the page. I do believe that is what I heard only my guys are pretty small so it wasn't as pronounced.

Comment

mine do it all the time and since there are nine of them in the tank it starts to sound like a bad thing sometimes.  

i feed mine new life spectrum and they love the stuff! along with frozen brine shrimp and blood worms which they will eat out of my hand. great little guys that will even let my fiance touch them at the top of the water.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Mine are so loud my wife and me can hear them 6 feet away at the dining room table.

Mark
          What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

I am curious - just how old or how big are your clowns?

Mine range from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inch. Will they get louder as they get older/bigger?

Comment

Mine are 2"- 4" in a 135g with two power heads, magnum 350, filstar xp3 and wet/dry powered by eheim 1262 so its gotta be loud over all the water flowing noise.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Our clown loach clicks like crazy when we put some blanched zucchini or cucumber on a veggie clip for it.  Also, our Bala Shark comes over and clicks, too.  It's very loud when those two get going.  Usually the clown will eat the middle out first while the Bala waits and then it comes along to eat the edges.  Our loach is about 3.5" long and we've only had him for about three months.  Bought at Petsmart on 290 in Cypress.

Comment

Mine do that when they are hungry. I like to think of it has them telling me hey stupid we need more food than that! My clan of loaches is 13 and are between 5.5-9". It funny to hear, especially when I have guest over, they are like what the heck is that noise.

Comment

Working...
                  X