"Home" Link at the Bottom of Every Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Home" Link at the Bottom of Every Page

This is more to suit my browsing habits on this site but after I read the latest post on a thread, I like to return to the homepage to see what the other latest posts are in the scrolling marquee on the right side.  To do this tho, I usually scroll all the way to the top of the page (cuz I'm at the bottom reading the latest post) and click on the houstonfishbox logo.  It'd save me time (and possibly postpone the onset of my carpal tunnel syndrome haha) if there was a link to the homepage at the bottom of every thread between the latest post and the quick reply box.  Maybe it could just be put in as part of the breadcrumb so that for example, instead of "HoustonFishBox.com Forum Index  -> Koi, Goldfish, and Ponds", it would say "HoustonFishBox.com -> Forum Index -> Koi, Goldfish, and Ponds" w/ "HoustonFishBox.com" being a link to the homepage.  I mean, we already know that the Forum Index is at HoustonFishBox.com, right?

Good idea or no?

:lupe:

Re: "Home" Link at the Bottom of Every Page

It could also be incorporated into the 'Jump to:' selection box as the default choice.

Comment

A couple of things here:

The recent topics are at the top of the page(if you have them turned on) and that does essentially the same thing.

If that doesn't work for you, I guess I could put a "HOME" link in the page footer(down by the sitemap link). Does that work for you?

The problem is that if I go and directly change the code, then I'll have to do it everytime there is an updated code release. Not appealing to me.

Comment

Understandable.  Knowing how much of a pain it is to maintain software, I'd say just leave it as it is if putting a "Home" link in the page footer requires a code update on every new code release.  It's not really a big deal to me.

Comment

No, the page footer is easy because it's maintained in a db. I'll do that.

Comment

Thanks Ken!

Comment

Working...
            X