PDA

View Full Version : "Home" Link at the Bottom of Every Page

ItsDubC
08-17-2006, 12:25 PM
This is more to suit my browsing habits on this site but after I read the latest post on a thread, I like to return to the homepage to see what the other latest posts are in the scrolling marquee on the right side. *To do this tho, I usually scroll all the way to the top of the page (cuz I'm at the bottom reading the latest post) and click on the houstonfishbox logo. *It'd save me time (and possibly postpone the onset of my carpal tunnel syndrome haha) if there was a link to the homepage at the bottom of every thread between the latest post and the quick reply box. *Maybe it could just be put in as part of the breadcrumb so that for example, instead of "HoustonFishBox.com Forum Index *-> Koi, Goldfish, and Ponds", it would say "HoustonFishBox.com -> Forum Index -> Koi, Goldfish, and Ponds" w/ "HoustonFishBox.com" being a link to the homepage. *I mean, we already know that the Forum Index is at HoustonFishBox.com, right?

Good idea or no?

:lupe:

JLawson
08-17-2006, 02:55 PM
It could also be incorporated into the 'Jump to:' selection box as the default choice.

HFBfounder
08-17-2006, 03:18 PM
A couple of things here:

The recent topics are at the top of the page(if you have them turned on) and that does essentially the same thing.

If that doesn't work for you, I guess I could put a "HOME" link in the page footer(down by the sitemap link). Does that work for you?

The problem is that if I go and directly change the code, then I'll have to do it everytime there is an updated code release. Not appealing to me. :pale:

ItsDubC
08-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Understandable. *Knowing how much of a pain it is to maintain software, I'd say just leave it as it is if putting a "Home" link in the page footer requires a code update on every new code release. *It's not really a big deal to me.

:pileobricks:

HFBfounder
08-17-2006, 04:42 PM
No, the page footer is easy because it's maintained in a db. I'll do that.

ItsDubC
08-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks Ken!