Member map slowness Issue Fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member map slowness Issue Fixed

OK, the member map slowness issue has been corrected. Sorry it took so long. Check it out.  :wink:  ken

Re: Member map slowness Issue Fixed

YAY!   It is much faster for me now.

Ellen

Comment

Yeah, it went from anywhere between 1 - 3 minutes to load, down to 10 - 15 seconds to load.

Can somebody do me a favor and put in a Point of Interest so that I know it's working ok? thanks, ken

Comment

I added the best restaurant in town.  

Comment

The points of interest I can see are Sunny's and Aquazoo. (hoping one of these isn't a restaurant...?) Am I doing something wrong? You didn't add it in College Station, did you?!  :wink:  But it's really fast, Ken, thanks!  
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

No, there seems to be a problem with the description field. I'll try to fix that tonight. Thanks  :kissu:

Comment

No, I added the best restaurant in H-town, not College Station.  
              Houston has much better restaurants...I guess its good that I live here!  
              If you're curious I added Fogo de Chao, expensive but so worth it. (Once a year!)

Ellen

Comment

One small error I noticed Ken.  When u mouseover Sunny's on the Points of Interest map, the tooltip that pops up displays the "&" in "Sunny's Fish & Pets" as its HTML equivalent (which is &amp so that the tooltip comes up as "Sunny's Fish & Pets".  

Damn HTML bugs hehe  

Comment

Yeah, I'm looking into that one too.  :bsty:

Comment

OK, I think we're all set. Thanks for your help. Also, I second Fogo de Chao. Very good and you'll never leave there hungry. Having said that, I'd like to keep the map for members and aquaria related points of interest only. thanks, ken

Comment

Oh, I thought it was for anything. Sorry.  

Ellen

Comment

lol, i think calling ur favorite restuarant the best in town is a little presumtious, dont get me wrong i like the food there. but i never say one restuarant is the best. i have my favorites for whatever mood im in and some have different things to offer, and i always am up to try a new place. have found countless great places, and plenty of not so great never go there again    but hey, u never know where you are gonna find the best of a certain type of food. i have had egg foo young at like 40 different places and my late grandmothers still was the best.  gotta love grandma;s cooking
                        Never fear I is here
                        David Abeles
                        Vice President
                        Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Nope! It's definately the best!!   There are others that are the best in their field, but I would *never* turn down a trip to Fogo, and the other bests...eh, I might want that, I might not... Do I ever not want Fogo? NO!!  

Ellen

Comment

Working...
                          X