Hydrogen Peroxide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydrogen Peroxide

Okay, since the topic has come up in the past day or two, and I also just read something on a pond web site about using the stuff...Who's used Hydrogen Peroxide, and for what purpose? Yesterday I read an article by someone who swears that it gets rids of hair algae, and other sorts of unwanted things in a planted tank, but I've never heard of using it for fish egg fungus, etc. And if you have used it, have you added it directly to your tank, or did you isolate the plants/eggs/etc. in order to treat them with a more concentrated amount of H2O2? What were the results?

I've never used it, but have been considering it (if only for the past 24 hours) on possible future outbreaks of hair algae and such.  
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: Hydrogen Peroxide

I know that some who raise angelfish eggs seperate from the parents use it with the eggs. I also know of someone who didn't realize they did this seperate and ended up burning one of the angels by putting the H2O2 in the tank with the parent fish.

I'm going to try to dig up the hair algae post I found somewhere...

Ellen

Comment

http://www.gpodio.com/h2o2.asp - here's one, but its not the one I was looking for.

Maybe somebody else knows where you can find it? I think it's a post on a forum, not an article, but I'm not positive about that. It was a nice, picture-intensive post showing all the steps. It also showed how the algae on the filter return turned a nice, bright pink! I wish I knew where to find it!

Ellen

Comment

Ooh, I always enjoy pictures of dying hair algae!    

The stuff I read was a link on a pond forum. It was informative, but not too scientific, kind of just "some people do, some people don't, I do, works for me." But it was the first I'd heard of it

I'm off to read that article from the link...

Comment

Was this the one you were talking about earlier?

Comment

Yeah that's it! I like the 2nd pic on the second page!

Ellen

Comment

Working...
            X