anyone try BIO-SPIRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone try BIO-SPIRA

BIO-SPIRA  dose this stuff really work???
    here the web site bio spira

Because i'm getting a new fish tank next week... and i really hate to cycle ... cause i just want to dump fish in it right aways.....

Re: anyone try BIO-SPIRA

i have heard lots of good things about it form people that have kept fish longer then i have been around. of course the same methods talked about in other threads would work just as well and cost no extra money.(start with water from old tank, old filter cartide, some of the old gravel. in filter or just in tank.)
    Never fear I is here
    David Abeles
    Vice President
    Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

I've used BioSpira in the past with good results.  (ie: no fish deaths and no spikes in nasties)

I would suggest monitoring your water quality during what would be the normal cycle period just in case.  I'm like you, I become very impatient when staring at an empty tank.
      Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

where do you get it locally?
        There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

I know Aquarium World on 290 carries it.  A lot of places, especially the small LFS's don't carry it.  It has to be refrigerated and does has an expiration date.  Call around if you're not close to AW and check before you waste your life savings in gas.  Unless of course your going LFS cruising anyway  :wink:
          Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

You said you're getting ANOTHER TANK, so you must have a first tank. If you pull 1/2 the water from the stable tank and put it in your new tank, you should already have the bacteria and cycling should take a lot less time. Transfering filter media helps alot too.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Jerry
            75gal heavy planted tank
            pea gravel on soil substrate
            DIY CO2
            3 zebra botias, 9 glowlights, 2 yoyo loachs, wild guppies

55gal planted
            same substrate
            DIY CO2
            1 gold, 1 zebra, 4 koi, 2 dark zebra angels, ghost & amano shrimp

Comment

Water doesn't actually hold that much nitrifying bacteria, so you're just adding dirty water.

Here's a good article that explains it in detail. It also disproves my theory that its just dirty water, because it does contain a different type of bacteria that is beneficial...

Ellen

Comment

thanx for the info you guys

Comment

I have a 90g dose in my fridge. Cost me about $30. Come get it and it is yours!! I don't want to see it go bad.
                  Smokin_Cache
                  Planning a new 150+ tank. Any suggestions?
                  Lets see what the imagination fruits.
                  Check out my last tank

Comment

i would love to but i got a new 210 gal so i think90g dose is not enough... plus my wife / me are gonna be moving soon ,we just got a new house... and i'm not gonna do anything with my new tank since  where moving next month (waitting for the lease to go up)... i figure less stress for me since i have to worry about my other fish when we move...i got rid of alot of big fish and two 55gal tanks , not to long ago.... all i have now is my old 210gal w/ 6 arowwans,2 jack demsy ,10 parrot fish, one mono and 1 nine inch pleco which is my biggest fish i have left, which i wanna sell soon... then i have my 90 gal tank  with 3angels,5 tiger barbs ,6 clown loahes, 2dojo loaches ,BN pleco,4 Surinan Cichlid, 3 bala sharks,1blue gouramis, 2 kissing gouramis,1 scat, 3 catfish and one comet gold fish..( it was a feeder fish with a long long fins, i had to keep it LOL) then i have my 29gal with red tail cat fish and tiger shovelnose, also a 15 gal with 8 baby flower horns(that i got for some dumb reson)
                    and since we just got the house and have more room now i will probly do a coustom tank when we move....i wanna do a monster tank for my 6 arowwans and catfish

and thanx Smokin_Cache for the offer....

Comment

I feel you on the monster tank!!

When my fiance finishes school we'll be house shopping and I want a giant in wall tank for my then huge moba front colony. I'm thinking at least 4-500gal.

What kind of arrowanas do you have? We had a asian gold that we raised for about 16yrs, it was about 4-5" wide and 2.5' long. Bout a year ago we put a pleco in there and when it dissappeared we didn't think anything of it and come to find a year later that the arrowana ate him and slowly choked to death on one of the side bones.  A huge loss in our family as it grew up with my brother (same age).
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i have silver..but dang that sux... i would cry if i had an asian die on me...
                        i had a friend who had an gold and purple ...really pertty fish, the scales were purple with a gold out line on the scales.. it was about 3ft long and it had jumped out of the tank...and i had walkin the room with him and he craped in his pants (i mean craped in his pants foreals) to see his arowwan stuck between the wall and tank all dryed up .....i hate it when you have a fish for along time and it die for some dumb reason... but yea sorry about your fish

Comment

How do you read the expiration code stamped on the edge of the package?  I got a 1 oz. from Aquarium World last night with the code "3185A 15D" stamped on it.  What would the expiration date be?

Comment

Well never tryed it but I very much Trust Marineland. Thay are great!!!!!

Roger

Comment

Working...
                            X