Had-a-snail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had-a-snail

I was told that I could use this at twice the recommended dosage to dip my plants over night and then put in my tanks with out killing my shrimp has any one tried this

Re: Had-a-snail

No, but it sounds like good advice. You could always rinse them off after the overnight soak also.

Ellen

Comment

i was told by another lfs that it was a really bad idea

Comment

Hmmm...Maybe the plants absorb the copper and the shrimp can ingest it when they are on the plants?? That's good to know.

Ellen

Comment

Well just like you should make it a habit to isolate new fish before you add them....  Put your plants in pots and isolate them untill your sure its ok to add them.  Snails aren't the only think that hitchhike on plants.

I'm going to have to try hydrogen peroxide on my next isolation tank.
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

i do now but i also rinse them in the sink

Comment

soaking you plants in fresh tap water chlorine and all should kill most nasties on them, (like snail eggs) in just like 15 to 30 minutes and that shouldnt kill or hurt the plants at all.
              Never fear I is here
              David Abeles
              Vice President
              Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

All the plants I put in my  tank sat in a sink with tap water plus 1/4 to 1/2 cup of bleach for a minimum of 30 minutes. I have snails in my tank!!
                Smokin_Cache
                Planning a new 150+ tank. Any suggestions?
                Lets see what the imagination fruits.
                Check out my last tank

Comment

Don't you just love it when you try to kill things and they end up taking over, but then there's that one amazing fish/plant that you can't keep alive... :aua:
                  "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

i have a tank full of ghost shrimp (it's a very scary tank ) as an experiment I tried not feeding them for a day and now they eat the shrimp I just caught them with one of my big 3/4" snails flipped over and trying picking at him

Comment

Working...
                    X