Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J. Marlieri Bloated

Hi Everyone,

I discovered one of my adult J. Marlieri this afternoon in a really painful looking bloated condition. This is one of the smaller of the adults I have, and I believe it is a male. It seems to be getting around okay, but is kind of slow, and wasn't interested in food this evening.

Does anyone have an idea what might cause this fish to be in this kind of condition. It's really swelled up, and has to be in a lot of pain. If anybody has any ideas for treatment, I would welcome them.

Thanks in advance.

Re: J. Marlieri Bloated

Well, I'm no cichlid person, but I know many on this board will be able to help you with this. But, they'll probably ask what you've been feeding them. I've heard of "Malawi bloat," I don't know if that's just a catch-all phrase for RLCs or not. AFAIK, one of the main causes that people cite for this is improper diet. So, maybe to help others, can you list what you've been feeding him? And also what size tank, how long you've had him, and if others in the tank are experiencing similar problems. Good luck, hope everything turns out okay.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Re: J. Marlieri Bloated

Oh, wow, I just saw that you posted this in another forum as well, sorry for the redundancy!
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
      X