Jewel of the Rift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewel of the Rift

To all u Tanganyikan nerds out there (myself included), the National Geographic Channel will be airing Jewel of the Rift on Sept 15th at 1pm.  There was a showing in July but unfortunately, none this month.  :bslame:

For an EXTREMELY weak synopsis and to sign up for an email reminder, go to:
    Watch full episodes, specials and documentaries with National Geographic TV channel online.

Who woulda thought the star of such quality films as the Naked Gun series and Airplane would help narrate an award-winning wildlife documentary?  :bigrazz:

Re: Jewel of the Rift

Well, even though I'm not a Tanganyikan nerd, I'm still a nerd, and I signed up for an email! Thanks for sharing.  :)
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

U won't be disappointed!   That video clip of the otter and puffer fish is actually footage from Jewel of the Rift, so it's an interesting film.  I actually watched a quarter of it last night just cuz I got reminded of it again.  It always manages to respark my interest in Tanganyikan cichlids.

Comment

that sounds really cool. onna have to have someone tape that for me. or maybe get ot watch it at the house i will be stting. it has a 48 inch flat screen HD tv.
        Never fear I is here
        David Abeles
        Vice President
        Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Originally posted by Tiapan";p="
          it has a 48 inch flat screen HD tv.
          If u invite some friends, don't forget the booze and beernuts   :emtthumbs:

Comment

so its a complete movie airing on the 15 correct and not a part continuation.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Should be the complete movie because I have it and I'm pretty sure I've been able to watch it in an hour or so.  I'll try to remember to check the movie length just to make sure.

Comment

Someone TIVO it and burn it to DVD for me! :P  I will be at work :(  Yes, I'm a Tang dork.  Admitting that I have a problem is the first step to recovery....
                If people concentrated on the really important things in life,
                there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Always interested in trading Tangs!

Comment

anybody find out more on this showing? had a friend look it up on tivo and he couldnt find it. looked up living wild " jewels of the rift" and there was no return. anyone know what channel it comes on or a diffent name it comes up as?
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

The first post says it comes on the Nat'l Geographic Channel, so I went to NGC and scrolled thru till tomorrow. Here's its coming on at noon, called "Living Wild" on the cable box, but in the description it says Jewel of the Rift. I have SuddenLink (formerly Cox) so I don't know if they're showing it at the same time...

HTH,
                    Ellen

Comment

Oooh, I noticed right before that there's one called Jewels of the Carribean Sea!    I guess I'll be recording that also... 8)

Ellen

Comment

i scrolled through someone else's cable guide and there are a couple of living wild of different areas but jewels of the rift comes on after the carrib one and then there are like three others. think australia is one of them.

anyways i set it from the first showing and will be recording 6hours after
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Glad you found it!

Ellen

Comment

Ya Jewel of the Rift is just one part of the Living Wild series.  Everyone get ur TiVos or Media Centers ready!

Comment

Any of you going to the swap tomorrow? And if so, is there a way to bring a copy of the recording? I don't have TiVo!  :(
                              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
                              X