Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Katy!

Hey folks,
    I live out in Katy.  I currently am keeping a 75-gallon African Malawi tank, a 30-gallon South American, a 20-gallon community tank, and a 10-gal guppy tank.  It's hard to keep up with these, though, cause I spend 2 hours a day on the freeway going to and from work!  Anyway, I'd love to meet some people/groups for discussion of the aquarium hobby.  For starters, I can't find a decent fish store within 20 miles of my house!  Thanks for having me on this website and I look forward to many fruitful encounters.
    Superdave
    urban
    0%
    suburban
    0%
    small town
    0%
    rural
    0%

Re: Hi from Katy!

Welcome!! Have you read our thread about the fish stores around here? It's a great place to find something close to you, and to read whether or not you want to actually visit the place.

Glad you're here!  
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Welcome!

Ellen

Comment

Nice to meet you. I have a 55g community tank, and a few guppies in a little tank. Check out the list of fish stores and maybe you will find something close by. A lot of the LFS are closer to Galveston area, and I haven't been to any of them, but I know the central Houston and Northwest . . . well kinda!

Comment

welcome to the box. and congrats on your nice tank variety.
          Never fear I is here
          David Abeles
          Vice President
          Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

hey superdave do you post on other forums?

met someone with a similar handle on another forum.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Yes, as a matter of fact I've dabbled around on cichlids.com, but the people there seem to be waaaaayyyy too opinionated and sometimes unnecessarily brutal.  Hope this place is a lot, er, friendlier!  Thanks for all the welcome notes!

Comment

oh, i was thinking other forums outside of fish.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Welcome!  8)

Comment

Howdy from Texas City
                    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
                    X