Exciting news! We're expanding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exciting news! We're expanding!

I've decided to expand HoustonFishBox into other areas, starting with DallasFishBox.com. Feel free to drop by and say hello. I hope this helps to bring Texas Aquarists closer together for the enjoyment of our little piece of heaven. :wink:

P.S. If you want to visit and post, you'll need to create a login there, as I wasn't able to tie the user databases together. Doing so, would've led to some loss of functionality that I wasn't willing to accept.

Re: Exciting news! We're expanding!

hurray for the expansion, im glad that you are looking out for other texas aquarists.
    Never fear I is here
    David Abeles
    Vice President
    Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

You know, last night my fiance (who is always making fun of me for visiting my fish boards) said, "Man, he's really on to something there! He should really expand into Dallas and then other cities!"  

Ellen

Comment

I just visited. Cute! A little eerie (I grew up in Dallas) but great job!!  :clap:
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I haven't yet gotten all of the same functionality over there as we do here yet, but it will come. :wink:

Comment

Is Dallas still part of Texas?   :bsjoke:

Great idea since a lot of us have connections in other cities as well.  I have good friends in Austin and work several days a week in San Antonio and it'll be good to have some not so local forums to wander around in.
            Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

I know the fish keepers in Austin & SanAntonio are disconected.
              You would really be doing them a service if you could hook them up.
              'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
              He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I've thought about it, but there is already a good board there in the Hill Country Cichlid Club and I don't want to intrude.

Comment

well yes there is that forum bt look at the name. its overly specific towards fish care. what i love most about this site (and i belong to a few) is that it focuses on brnging every type of fish owner from the area together, new and old, for hobby or for more organized clubs. it could only help those cities fish keepers if they are connected a little better. but thats just my opinion, i think everyone can do better if we can communicate more.
                  Never fear I is here
                  David Abeles
                  Vice President
                  Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

I've been thinking again (I can sense you rolling your eyes) and I was wondering if there was a possibilty to have something like a Texas Fish Box and have not only a Texas area, but areas for individual cities?  I know you've probably already considered it,  but the idea has been running amuck in my head since you started the Dallas site.
                    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Working...
                    X