starting over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting over

well after leaving everything i had looked years for and raised back in ohio,i started to replace my collection this week[now in texas].i started off with a nice true festae something i was unable to find in ohio,then some hrp's another somewhat hard to find in ohio,a nice green terror and some [my favorite]chocolate cichlids,and a couple synodontius cats.pics are not as good as in thew past[i got a new camera and im still messing with it to figure the best settings]
    so here they are the start of my new collection.

Re: starting over

Those are pretty! I'm glad you're finding stuff you couldn't find.   My dad's from Ohio, but he was transplanted 25 years ago.

Ellen

Comment

yea,i like it down here especially since i found alot of cool stores,alot of the independent shops in ohio have closed due to petsmart and petco.
      so its hard to find alot of these odd ball cichlids,but ive found around 8 independents down here and they all have what im looking for.

Comment

we i can say we definately have more then 8 indy stores. it seems we all have our favorites for differnt reasons. there are some i believe most of us agree on as well. anyway the fish look incredable. glad you get to start up a new tank. thats always a lot of fun.
        Never fear I is here
        David Abeles
        Vice President
        Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

i dont think finding 8 in a week was two bad there is a lot more i still need to go check out,pretty exciting though to be able to come down here and find all the fish i couldnt have before.like christmas as a kid.

Comment

Which lfs have you been to? I'm real glad Petsmart and Petco havent really run off the fish stores down here.

We went to City Pets today...ok place. We've been there before...years ago really. My husband cleaned up on clown loaches ($2.99..not bad at ALL) and some pictus cats.

Nice chocolate cichlid you have!! Very pretty.

Comment

inwood has good sized clown loaches for 2.99, imo much nicer than city pets.

but nothing beats the monsters in got from sunny's though!!!
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="

I got a monster from Sunny also........

Have you been to the one off 249?

Comment

Originally posted by delock";p="

yeah, i picked up a few from him as well.

mike's got one that im been trying to get a hold of but i doubt he'll sell it to me. everytime i see one its always in a display tank.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by delock";p="

yeah, i picked up a few from him as well.

mike's got one that im been trying to get a hold of but i doubt he'll sell it to me. everytime i see one its always in a display tank.

The clown loach you speak of is in my display tank now...... I had to catch it without knocking any rocks over............

Comment

well lets see so far ive been to city pets,fish and pets unlimited,fish and pets[something ]on bellaire,tnt,fishland,extreme pets and i think that is it i need to go to sunny's ,and megan's and hit a few more,just kinda hard to find being new to the area

Comment

well lets see so far ive been to city pets,fish and pets unlimited,fish and pets[something ]on bellaire,tnt,fishland,extreme pets and i think that is it i need to go to sunny's ,and megan's and hit a few more,just kinda hard to find being new to the area

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X