Your screen name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your screen name

How'd you pick your screen name? Does it have any special significance? Lots of people have some creative ones, I was just wondering what made you think of them. My screen name on here is my real name. Duh, not very creative.  

My screen name on some other sites is Nellen, a nick-name given to me first by my friend's baby sister,  who knew my fiance Allen first. She found it easier to call me Nellen and him Allen, so we could tell who she was talking to...Sometimes I wish our families would do the same!! Now Allen's niece calls me Nellen also, its just easier.  

Ellen

Re: Your screen name

mine is actually the name of a kind of snake from australia, i just really liked the sound of it and it was very unusual. i used it as part of my old online screen names from way back. so i remmember it easily and i stll like the sound of it.
    Never fear I is here
    David Abeles
    Vice President
    Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

When your a teenager and interested in fish.
      most of your frineds & famly think your a freek.
      and when I went to register a name on aquabid
      someone had beet me to fish freek
      (I never could spell anyway)

6 years in the Navy with Phantom Phlyers may have had something to do with it.
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

a term of derision often used by my wife

Comment

My first initial and last name....simple....easy to remember haha.

Comment

First part of my last name and first intial.  It's the first office login I had and it seems to have stuck.  A bonus, I have never had my screen name already taken when I register for a new site.  Wonder why that is?
            Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Great topic. Mine? Well... :?

Comment

Some of my friends back home call me "Dub C" cuz of my initials.

"What's ur screen name on HoustonFishBox?"
                "It's 'Dub C'"
                "So D-U-B-C?"
                "I-T-S-D-U-B-C.  ItsDubC"

Yay I think I'm clever haha

Comment

initially mine was s.i. like whoa for the civic si that i had, real attention getter and it left the impression where ever it went. sleeper civic that carried its own weight against pretty much anything street driven. before it went tits up it ran mid 11's daily driven on really expensive/sticky street tires.

now its ek like whoa for the body code of my civic hatchback in my avatar, first one in houston to have a carbon fiber body kit. this one was more of an autocross setup and whoever rides in it can vouch for its handling. "whoa", "like its riding on rails".
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

first name plus last name plus random numbers YAY

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDubC";p="
                      Some of my friends back home call me "Dub C" cuz of my initials.

"What's ur screen name on HoustonFishBox?"
                      "It's 'Dub C'"
                      "So D-U-B-C?"
                      "I-T-S-D-U-B-C.  ItsDubC"

Yay I think I'm clever haha
                      Kinda like a pimpcalledslickback, Huh?
                      Fish, Fish, & more Fish.

Comment

I moved the car talk. Please keep on topic. thanks :wink:

Comment

Ellen, great idea!! I've been wondering about a few of them!

Mzungu is a word used in Uganda (and probably other countries, but I've only been there...) that means "white person" or "westerner." Basically, if you're white, and if you're in the unpopulated parts, that's all you hear wherever you go. "Mzunguuu!!" It's usually the kids, of course. They all hear stories, but it's apparently REALLY exciting to see one in real life!   Anyways, I went with my dad, and we still call each other that from time to time.
                          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I've already got this question from several people

My name is comes from several things. When I lived in downtown Houston, I did a good deal of nonprofit work with several organizations whose goal was to help the homeless. In addition, Rage Against the Machine's guitarist (Tom Morello) has a guitar with "arm the homeless" written across the side of it. I think he still uses it in that other band -- Audioslave.
                            Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                            Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                            Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                            Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Wow, this is not only interesting, but informative as well :!:

Thanks for starting it Ellen  :)
                              Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Working...
                              X