quICK Cure and Melafix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quICK Cure and Melafix

I am having the worst of luck it seems and this sucks. I not only am having to treat for Ick, but I also have a few fish that have cloudy eye. Now to top it off, it seems like my full grown electric blue is for some reason being picked on. He has sustained injuries to his side, underbody, and fins. The major problem with him is he is upside down and has seemed to lost his equalibrium (if that is spelled right). I am in the process of trying to get another tank for a hospital tank but for now I have him in a large net set off to the side to where none of the others can get to him. I also bought the melafix to help with the open wounds, fins, and cloudy eye. My question is, can I put this in my tank being since I have elevated the temp, put salt, and Quick Cure in as a daily fight to win against ick? Thanks.
    Live Fast, Die Young, Leave A Good Looking Corpse!

Been in hobby since March 2006

Re: quICK Cure and Melafix

Make sure that you have extra aeration into the tank.  Quick Cure is the best thing for me with ICK.  The melafix should be ok to use for the torn fins and what not.

The electric blue that is upside down, I have to say sorry man, but in my experience is that if the fish will not right itself within the first hour or so, he/she will be lost.  Nothing you will be able to do will save him.

Hopefully someone else has had a better experience to share with you.

Hope all goes well for you...

Geoff
    380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
    300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
    180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
    150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Thanks. This sucks, just when everything was looking good. Well the elec blue i am going to say is a goner. He is barely breathing and upside floating at the top. The only thing I know to do is keep him in the net in the tank so the others leave him alone until he passes. As for the others, other than ick on most and cloudy eye on the few, all is well considering. They are all active and eating, so that is a good sign. I plan on mixing the melafix and quick cure to try to kill two birds with one stone, unless anyone thinks this is a bad idea. Thanks for the help.
      Live Fast, Die Young, Leave A Good Looking Corpse!

Been in hobby since March 2006

Comment

If you want to replace your Elect Blue I can help jdees4503@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
        X