First attempted plant tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First attempted plant tank

after a good water cycle and getting everything together with the help from armthehomeless i have finally set up my planted zebra tank!
    29gal with lots of plants that i cant remember the name of them all.  the tank will soon house a few zebra plecos

right now i have one candy stripe, two  peckoltia, one albino bristle nose and 6 threadfin rainbows. the rainbows and albino plec along with a few of the plants came from mike over at sunny's. all the other plant and driftwood came from armthehomeless in a trade. hopefully everything will be perfect with the water so i can go ahead and have the zebras shipped to me and for that i will borrow a good camera to take pictures of but for now here's my camera phone again :)

thanks again armthehomeless for the plants, driftwood and the bit of education on the plants.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Re: Planted tank/ zebra's new home

That's really pretty! Your camera phone sure takes better pics than mine does!

Ellen

Comment

Wow, zebra plecos. Beautiful fish. I want some but spending triple digits is not in my budget right now. Almost as beautiful as any puffer  

Comment

That tank looks nice! I don't see caves for the zebra plecos... do you have them in there?

Thank you, eklikewhoa for imparting your wisdom on tang. cichlids.
        Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
        Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
        Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

The caves should be here tomorrow, I left spots for them to go but I got five coming and prob not gonna use them or at least the plecos won't.

Not a prob armthehomeless I offered what I could.

Thanks ellen, the phone doesn't take as good of a picture as it was hyped up to. But hey I'm replying to this thread with it.

Jose, I couldn't justify it either but I end up just lying to myself and then it doesn't seem so bad. Also got a decent little bonus coming so its like free money, right?
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

new pictures with a camera...

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

OOHH, I like it even more!    Quick question, how do you know that is a Candy Stripe? Mine looks just like it (as much as I can tell from that pic), and the folks on here helped me decide it was a Clown.

Ellen

Comment

well its really tiny so im really sure what exactly it is, trying to id it over at plecofanatics.com but the camer died on me.

after searching through the planetcatfish cat-eLog i narrowed it down to the candy stripe being the best guess then tiger, peckoltia and there were some others.

they guy is less than an inch long so i guess i would have to wait and see when he gets a bit bigger. after looking at the log again the clown has thin tan stripes and the candy had thick light stripes the tiger has more even stripes but again it's still a baby so im not positive.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

That's cool, I was just hoping you really knew a way to tell them apart!  

Ellen

Comment

Re: Planted tank/ zebra's new home**ready for the zebras!!

got the caves in and rearranged some things, ended up not using 3 of the 5 caves i initially planned on using due to the space. i checked all the water parameters this morning and it looks like the tank is ready for the zebras!!!!

shot some updated pics with my phone since the camera batteries crapped out on me. well here goes, let me know what you guys think of the set up.

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

it can get realy confusing with all the different plecos right now. so im gonna go with wait till its older as well. as long as it doesnt eat the plants or mess with the fish its all good. on another note you cant go wrong with plant advice from Tim. He is the one that got me into planted tanks over a year ago and now we seem to keep getting more aquariums. i would go hanbg out at his place and just want to stare at the tanks, and now he is getting me into cichlids. of course i have very little space so it had to be SA dwarfs or maybe some shell dwellers (hmmm i could set up that 20 long)
                      Never fear I is here
                      David Abeles
                      Vice President
                      Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

wow the tank is coming along nicely. i like the way you organized and scaped the tank. what are you using for substrate and what is the lighting on the tank? and man do i love those threadfins, have you seen them doing the fin displays yet?
                        Never fear I is here
                        David Abeles
                        Vice President

Comment

here's a pic of what will be going in the tank hopefully this weekend

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

wow thats a really cool pleco, i know Tim must be drooling at that pic
                            Never fear I is here
                            David Abeles
                            Vice President

Comment

That is an awesome setup. I really like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X