Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAS auction wish list, do you have one?

I am planning on taking some angels to the HAS auction as donation auctions.
    I want to know what kind of angels people would prefer I take so that HAS can get a good price for them.
    Would you rather bid on dime size, quarter size, or larger?
    would you prefer Koi, silver zebra, zebra lace, dark zebra, silver pearscale, standard silver, sunset blushing, or dark marble (with gold gene). Would you like the common names on the bags or would you want genetic notations?
    I really enjoyed the spring auction, but I noticed a wierd pattern, in that very common fish brought what I thought was a high price, while some very nice and normally expensive fish went real cheap, did anyone else notice that?
    What would you like to see in angels that would prompt you to bid a good bid for HAS?
    GIVE NONE, TAKE NONE - BE FREE, HAVE FUN

Re: HAS auction wish list, do you have one?

I won't be there   but both my fiance and my best friend love my silver. They pretty much ignore my koi.  :? I don't get it, I mean the silver is pretty and all but I can't believe they like it better than my kois!

Ellen

Comment

I will be there looking to buy angels.   In the next few days my 75 gallon should be setup.   I personally like the dime size.  We enjoy watching them grow.  I would love Koi, silver zebra, zebra lace and dark zebra's.  Preferably with long veils.

Comment

one vote for dime size. would ya'll prefer mixed varieties in each bag or several of the same kind in each bag?

Comment

Personaly, I like veil tail, dark marble, quarter size

But I think 6 quarter size, pearl scale would bring in high bid.
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Is this a "cash only" event?  I've never been to an auction of any kind so I'm really looking forward to it.

Comment

yes, it's cash only.

Comment

Just in case you overspend your available cash, they also take checks.  At least they did at the last one.  It's a good thing because I exceeded my green supply by a considerable amount.
                Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Oh, thank goodness I didn't know that last time 8)  :bsjoke:

Comment

I think I ran out of cash due to excessive spending at the refreshment center.  

Comment

We definitely take cash or check....so spend until your heart's content!
                      Charles Jones
                      http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
                      Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Tomorrow is the big event. The refreshment center is a big hit with me too, the beer is cold and the steaks were great, hope that they are doing that again. I figure I will put about a dozen bags of angels out there for donation auctions and am looking forward to seeing what the folks from austin bring. Should be a lot of nice fish to bid on. I bought some nice lighting for one of my planted tanks last time too.

Comment

I wish I had room for some Angels, but, alas, I still haven't gotten rid of my Africans and I don't have room for another large tank.

Comment

Working...
                          X