Canister filters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canister filters?

who has canisters on their tanks and what is everyones favorite canister filter. list reasons why as well.
    Never fear I is here
    David Abeles
    Vice President
    Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Re: Canister filters?

I have two and a half fluvals, and 1 odyssea canister filter (long story).

- WHY DO I HAVE THEM? i have the Fluvals because I'm inexperienced. i have the odyssea because i'm cheap

My favorite canister is ....(drum roll please) ... eheim! rena comes in a close second.

-WHY ARE THESE MY FAVORITES? Well I like Eheims with tanks with small fish (they seem to do really well with making crystal clear plant tanks) and Renas with tanks with large fish (plus it just looks neat!).
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Re: Canister filters?

i have a eheim and a magnum 350

the eheim is a nicer one but the magnum has been with me for at least 10yrs or so with no real problems and pushes gph as needed. i use the magnum just for media and it aids a wet/dry and other filters in my big tank.

the eheim is on my 29gal and its for my plecos, pretty simple to fill and replace the media basket as i just dump all the crap when the time comes other than the large filter pad and the rings. i also like the spray bar

hopefully sometime soon i will also have a eheim proIII   .

i have read good things about the renastar xp3 and fluval fx5 as well.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
      X