Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new baby mobas!!! updated with more babies!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new baby mobas!!! updated with more babies!!

well after lots of searching a good amount of time waiting i finally scored me a little group of moba frontosas!! absolutely stunning little f1"s. was able to pick up ten of them and should be able to get another ten or so from another breeder to spice up the bloodline when the time comes.  

here are some pics from my camera phone taken last night after they settled in. sorry for the poor quality but you can see that even with a crap camera phone picture these things still look good.

700g Mini-Monster tank

Re: new baby mobas!!!

Wow, VERY nice looking fish! And great idea to add diversity to the future bloodline.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Very cool :emtthumbs:

Comment

Beautiful!!!! Even with a crap phone picture! LOL!

Comment

new pics with a real camera...

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Gorgeous photos, tank and fishies!

Thanks for sharing with us!

Comment

Is that a purple leleupi?  I know someone who has one and sometimes it looks purple, sometimes it looks dark orange.  Cool fish nonetheless.  Those fronts are gorgeous btw.  And very photogenic it seems  

Comment

thanks again for the compliments im really proud of them .

there are two purple leleupis and two orange(firecracker) ones. the purple ones have like a purpleish hue to them on an orange background (make sense?) ther are areas where the orange show real strong like around the purple lips, eyebrows and before the side fins almost like the tip of the their gills are orange. they look really neat.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

the purple ones have like a purpleish hue to them on an orange background
                    MUCH better description than mine hehe.  Awesome fish.

Comment

A lighter substrate will really bring out the blue in those frontosas.

Comment

The coloration of leleupi seems to be a direct result of the color of your substrate: The lighter the substrate, the brighter the orange; the darker the substrate, the browner/purpler the leleupi. My orange leleupi would change colors (gradually of course) when I changed substrate, though dominance or ownage also seemed to somewhat affect their coloration.

Comment

those pics are looking good the mobas will only get better with time and good feeding. I feed mine NLS and they go crazy. A little bloodworm here and there to spice up there diet
                          oh that........ thats just my 300 gallon fish tank, nothing fancy.

Comment

the leleupi's where purplish even when there was white substrate in there and there are two orange ones that are blinding orange like a crayon. i do agree that the substrate does change the color of the fish but there are two purplish leleupi's and two that are bright orange. i think its the breed more than the substrate cause i bought them this way. you can see the bright orange one in the some of the last pictures

the fronts are bluish purple which looks really cool.

i feed my mobas nls cichlid formula and thera+A along with frozen brine shrimp and blood worms but more of the pellets than anything and their colors are really vibrant.

if you see them in person you wouldnt believe the coloring on these little guys. even the red fins on my loaches are bright from the food. i also got two Julidochromis marlieri from mike and after some nls they are showing great coloring
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I have seen a purple leleupi mature and end up having an ashy-orange color.  This was over some brown gravel so I'm sure that had something to do w/ it.  I guess it does depend on the breed but yes, substrate does affect leleupi coloration more than I've seen it affect other fish.  

There is apparently a leleupi strain dubbed "midnight blue" that has varying degrees of purple coloration depending on the substrate.  However, the pelvic fins have a very light almost neon blue tint to them, similar to neo. cylindricus.  Being that cylindricus and leleupi are very similiar, this could be some sort of hybrid.  It should also be noted that its body seems a little bit beefier too, much like neo. mustax.  As it stands, I'm skeptical as to whether this is even a leleupi or even if it's found in the wild.

Comment

Working...
                              X