Fish R Us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish R Us

Boy i love going to this fish store!! Its located on fm 242 E., right past Needham Rd, Conroe. Jason, the owner is a good guy, seems to be there a lot and anything we need help on, he does what he can. He has a saltwater section in the back of the building, and has a lot of SA and African cichlids.  Excellent location for us, we live about 3 miles from the store!!  The # is 936-321-FISH.

Re: Fish R Us

Being that close wouldn't do me any good. I'd have to work there on the weekends just to pay for all the fish I would be buying.

When I had my marine setup, I got most of my live rock from there, and a few fish.

Since I've been doing tropicals, I've only bought plants there. I'm not into the ciclids, but they have a ton of them there.
    75gal heavy planted tank
    pea gravel on soil substrate
    DIY CO2
    3 zebra botias, 9 glowlights, 2 yoyo loachs, wild guppies

55gal planted
    same substrate
    DIY CO2
    1 gold, 1 zebra, 4 koi, 2 dark zebra angels, ghost & amano shrimp

Comment

great selection. but any store that sells baby turtles  in those little plastic tub gets a thumb down in my book. " just feed them and keep them clean"  

and I so wanted one of those Mbu puffers.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
      n

Comment

theyre expensive IMO. and stock is subpar. last I saw their Mbu's they were very thin.
        - When Life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make Life take the damn lemons back!

Comment

The last time I was there they were selling dyed and tattooed fish... I don't care for that very much (not at all really).  I would prefer to shop in a store that didn't support that practice.

Comment

FishrUs

I wont be going to FishRUs ever again. Id heard of tattooed fish, but that disgusted me.
            Selling fish with 'I love u' tattooed on them! Makes me feel sickened that someone would buy something like that.
            I dont know if anybody on this board has tattooed fish.....Sickening..

Comment

Re: FishrUs

The one in conroe right?

I saw them too mollies with stripes and parrotfish with I heart you and flags.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Yeah, on 242 about 2 miles east of I45. Ive been in there a couple of times, but to be honest im still new to the hobby and if they had dyed fish there before i wouldnt have been able to tell them apart from the true colours. But seeing the fish with words on them,well you dont have to be very knowledgable.

I probably shouldnt have singled out Fishrus, im sure theres other fish stores selling the exact same type of fish here in Houston, but they've lost my business untill they get rid of them all. And its a shame, cause its actually a nice shop.

Comment

yea, i've heard plenty of stories about them too.  i had alot of people with baby turtles come in looking for small aquariums to put them in and had to inform them of how much it was really going to cost to keep them
                  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
                  n

Comment

Fish R Us

I did visit this store on Saturday the 21st of April. The store is clean, all the tanks where clean, and the people there where very nice. While being helped, I was told by one of the freindly sales staff, that they would not discount any of their prices on the fish I was interested in, and that they have no guarantee on their fish. I did purchase a few fish there anyway, totaling well over $100.00, and two of them where very young Chalinochromis Brichardi, about an inch long. Unfortuanately, these two young brichardi did not survive the stress of the transplant home or my new tank environment. It is a nice store, and I have no complaints other than they would not discount their high prices any or guarantee their fish sales. I truly have no intentions of throwing this nice store under the fish bus, all I am saying is that I will not  make the long drive out there again for the reasons stated above.

CF

PS  

I did visit 5 other LFS that day, and I am happy to say that, Fish R Us was by far the cleanest store I was in that day, but, they also had the highest prices.
                    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

I have been to the store, but never bought anything except a couple plants. To relate to your story CichlidFan, I'm not sure if you read these other stories about Fish R Us...
                      HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.
                      Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                      Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                      Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                      Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Well, again, I'm not ragging on the store or the employee's, it's their business to sell fish and equipment and thats just what they do.
                        In my opinion they could do so much more business if they gave each customer the personal attention we deserve as patrons of their store. If they took the time to ask questions, and find out more about what the customer wanted, they could get more return business and referrals. It's like when I sold cars, I got outsold all the time by the other salesmen in the beginning, but after a few years, all the superstars where gone, and I was still there getting return customers buying from me again and bringing their family and friends to me as well. I took care of my customers and treated them, they way I expected to be treated. I was never a superstar at car sales, but then again, the dealership never complained about my customer loyalty either.
                        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

I just read about 85% of what armthehomeless had posted the link for you to look at CichlidFan, if you are ragging them I am guessing that you are last in line to file a complaint. There is a few ahead of you with similar things happening as you. I spent a few pretty pennies there once upon a time, and most of those fish kick the can with days of get in my tank. All the fish I had before were still kicking but those fish from there just died. I ws unhappy without a doubt, if you get a chance look at the link and you'll see that you have to take a number to file the complaint, that all.

Comment

Where is Fish R Us?

Comment

I-45N exit Needham road and turn right at the light go about 2-3 miles maybe and it is on the left. Conroeish. Just after Woodlands

Comment

Working...
                              X