angel fish question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• angel fish question

Hi I just have a quick question I have had my three angels for about three weeks now and i noticed that one is starting to change colors,is this normal?

Re: angel fish question

How old are they? What color was the fish before it started changing? Into what color is it changing? Is it a color change, or are markings appearing more noticeable, etc.?
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Lisa, some phenotypes will have more of a change of expression than others. If I remember correctly you have a dark zebra, a zebra lace and a standard zebra. These should not show as much change in expression as say a Koi as it matures. I would not be concerned about a minor change, but if one of your dark ones is getting light in color, let me know. If what you are seeing is some dark spots between the stripes, that is normal on some zebra, I will check this evening and see if any of the ones I have left from that spawn are showing any noticable changes.
      GIVE NONE, TAKE NONE - BE FREE, HAVE FUN

Comment

could he/she be going into nuptial dress or do angels not do that?

Comment

ok michael got onto me for not giving enough background info on my tank, and the fish, bit it is just that my lightest fish is starting to darken up. But I love them dearly, they are so fun to just sit and watch.

Comment

the lighter one darkening up some should not be a problem, if the dark ones start lightening, then we will need to talk. Remember the fish you have are all siblings from a dark zebra lace pair.
            GIVE NONE, TAKE NONE - BE FREE, HAVE FUN

Comment

Originally posted by Obed";p="
              the lighter one darkening up some should not be a problem, if the dark ones start lightening, then we will need to talk. Remember the fish you have are all siblings from a dark zebra lace pair.
              Hey!  I thought I was the only one named Obed?

Comment

Working...
              X