Water movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water movement

Okay, originally I had a spraybar returning water from my eheim.  Now, I've plugged the output tube directly into an in the tank CO2 reactor.  This has done two things,

1)  A noticable impact in plant growth ... now I can actually see O2 bubbles streaming from my plants

2)  Almost no water movement.  In fact on the surface there is no movement at all.

My tank is a 30 gallon cube, well planted and stocked with

6 ruby barbs
    5 ottos
    10 celebes rainbows
    7 rummy nosed tetras
    5 von rio tettras
    1 small koi angel

Should I put in a small water pump and get some sort of current in the tank?  Should I put in an air stone to make sure the tank is well oxygenated?

Any thoughts?

Logan5
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Re: Water movement

if your fish are doing well and you havent had a big ph drop then aerating would kind of negate the co2, and if you arent getting skum on the surface then breaking that up is not important either, but a small water current might help the co2 get to other plants in the tank so oan underwater pump not going to hurt at all, but air pump and stone would help remove some of your hard earned co2.
    Never fear I is here
    David Abeles
    Vice President
    Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Any thoughts on the Eheim skimmer attatchment?  I am noticing film/skum building up on the surface.  Not sure if it's a bad thing, but it's not pretty.

Logan5
      There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

If there's a film on the surface, you might want to consider a small water pump to get everything flowing again. The film can compromise gas exchange between the water and the air, which can interfere with fish's breathing. So, I agree with Tiapan, I'd be more inclined to use a water pump than an air pump while injecting CO2.
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
        X