local prices and info on Eheim pro III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• local prices and info on Eheim pro III

well i am planning on adding another filter to my tank and the eheim proIII has caught my attention. wanted to see if anyone here is or has used one and what they thought about it along with local prices that anyone has found on one.

thanks
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Re: local prices and info on Eheim pro III

found some info on other sites and found one on the net for $300
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I have not purchased or seen first hand the Eheim PRO 3 2080 canister.  This filter flows 430 gph.

I have seen first hand, read about the opertaion good and bad, and seen pricing for the FLUVAL FX 5. The Fluval FX 5 flows 900 gph.

I have purchased, setup, used, and seen good pricing for the Eheim 2262 Large Canister Filter.  The 2262 canister is the regular 2260 canister, but comes with a higher volume pump.  The 2260 flows 900gph, while the 2260 only flows like 590gph.

People in forums have been writing that they have had trouble with the Fluval FX 5 staying purged of air bubbles.  This is supposed to be a automatic feature, that somehow is not working or atleast is having some trouble on a number of people's units.

I keep the 2262 and the filte is really awesome very high flow rate.  I can be troublesome to clean, and restart, becuase of the whole classic Eheim priming method is not fun to do.

I have herd a lot of good things about the Pro 3, but it is expensive for it and all the media, when compared to the other 2.  The flowrate is also not as high.  But, it sure is a lot easier to clean and get started than the 2262, and from what I hear the FX 5 Fluval is actually pretty easy to start.

What size of tank are you looking at to putting a PRO 3 on?
      380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
      300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
      180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
      150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

the tank is a 135gal that is already running a wet/dry-eheim 1262 pump, magnum 350 and two powerheads

the tank is well stocked and the proIII consideration is for the growth of these fish.

right now i have....
        8 frontosa
        2 calvus
        3 compressicep
        4 leleupi
        10 clown loaches
        1 golddot pleco

the fronts are juvi's right not at about 3-4" but plan for them to grow into the tank and make a bigger mess than what they are now so i wanted to add another filter to help keep the water cleaner between water changes.

thanks for the reply, i have look in the fx5 and the price is very appealing but if the proIII is that much more dependable i dont mind paying the high tag.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

You have the 1262 pump which is 960 gph, and the magnum 350 which is 350 gph that means you got a total of 1310 gph thru filters, plus the flow of your powerheads which dont have much impact, other than to add O2 levels.  That is about 10 times per hour filration.

I have not kept Frontosa before, but I know from experience that Calvus, Compressicep, and clown loaches are slow growing fish.  I know you want them to get big quick, but its nature.

Before you spend the money on a Pro 3, I think it might be better to save that money and upsize the tank to a 150 or 180 gallon. Just my opinion, because filtration is important, but tank space for growing big fishes is a must I think.

I think Andy at Fishland had a Fluval FX5 for like $250.  All it comes with is foams, though, and you willneed to buy bio media.  The Eheim 2262 canister with Media will run about $400 and the Pro 3 with Media will run about $350-450.

The Pro 3 is on special at Foster and Smith for $314, but you will need about 50-60 bucks in Bio media.  That would be a good buy in my opinion.
          380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
          300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
          180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
          150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

well the calvuses and crompressiceps are pretty much good sized, they were wild caught and are about 4-5" already.

well another tank is out of the question and it has been thought about a lot, if anything it will be a smaller tank to house some of the fish. foster and smith is where i found it due to the sale. tanks again for replying.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
            X