Pleco food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleco food

I have a pleco that is about 7"-8". It seems he is always hungry and I am feeding him several algae chips a day. Is there anything else to substitute this, being since there isn't enough algae in the tank to satisfy his craving? I have seen cucumber slices in LFS tanks. Is that ok and is there anything else that may help? I have him in a cichlid tank, so I dont know if certain veggies will hurt them as well.  Thanks.
    Live Fast, Die Young, Leave A Good Looking Corpse!

Been in hobby since March 2006

Re: Pleco food

That is more likely Zuchini that you have seen.  I've fed my plecos zuchini in addition to the algae wafers.  At least I try, but my Africans also like zuchini so I try to put in later in the evening.  I cut off the hard outer part and stick a lead weight through it to keep it down.  I've seen where microwaving it for a short time will also make it sink as well as make it softer for the fish.
    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Yeah... I feed mine zuchinni as well. I also put in romaine lettuce and spinach from time to time. My plecos and africans seem to enjoy them.
      Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
      Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
      Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
      Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Thanks. My pleco loves to the zuchini, but the other fish ignore it. owell, more for my plec.
        Live Fast, Die Young, Leave A Good Looking Corpse!

Been in hobby since March 2006

Comment

Working...
        X