overflow box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overflow box

i need help getting the suction started in the u tube thats inside my overflow box, thanks

Re: overflow box

Use a piece of airline.
    Never done it, but let me try. Some one correct me if I am wrong.

B oth ends of u-tube must be underwater. I am guessing you will have to be manually filling the side outside the tank.

Insert airline inside u-tube until end is at the very top inside U-tube.

Suck air out of tube with mouth

Start return pump

Cross Fingers-hold breath-close eyes, wait that might not be good keep eyes open
    Smokin_Cache
    Planning a new 150+ tank. Any suggestions?
    Lets see what the imagination fruits.
    Check out my last tank

Comment

Yes, that's it exactly. Both ends of the U-tube underwater and suck out the bubble. You just need to get it where there is very little air left in the u-tube. Don't worry about a small bubble. The siphon suction should push it down.

Comment

Try not to get to much water in your mouth.
        Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
        Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
        Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

For you ladies that have a problem with the thought of getting fishy water in your mouth,   If you take the sprayer from one of your cleaners, and attach it to the syphon tube you can start the syphon action with a few quick pumps on the sprayer rather than sucking on the tube.
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

thnx for the advice..got it going with no problem

Comment

Working...
            X