Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jager heaters - are they or are they not....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jager heaters - are they or are they not....

fully submersible?   The Eheim website says yes, 'Big Al' says yes, 'Drs. F&S' and 'That Pet Place' both say only "to the specified waterline."  They appear to have the tightest temperature tolerance - 0.5 degree - of any heater available.  I don't want to order one, though, until I know for sure that it is truly submersible... the whole thing including the top.  Thanks in advance for any comments or experiences.

Re: Jager heaters - are they or are they not....

Are there different models?

Comment

yes they are... i had teh same problem. it says submersable but then if you look on the heater itself it say waterlevel. that means dont let it go below that level. i called and asked eheim.
      Resident BUM !!!

Comment

yeah i noticed that the waterline indicator is for the minimun not maximum.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I've been using the VisaTherm Stealth and I've been happy thus far.  So far the feature that it turns itself off when it's not in enough water seems to be working.  At least I haven't burned any up yet.  The only thing I don't like is it doesn't have a visible indicator as to whether or not it's on, but my temp stays at or about 86 consistently.
          Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Thanks for the info - I think I'll try a Jager.  I considered the Stealth but decided against it because it doesn't have the indicator light... it's just reassuring to see that little light going on & off.

Comment

i have tons of ebo-jager heaters from salt tanks, and they are all fully submersible.  if you do not submerse them fully, they will melt the plastic holder for the suction cups.  ask me how i know.  perhaps it meant to be a line that it had to be at least that far under water to work properly.  i never looked at this line, but i always submersed mine fully.

they are the best heaters made.

Comment

Working...
              X