Angel's wasting away.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angel's wasting away.

I had this problem in the past where I lost all my angels. The angels stop eating. They want to go for the food but something stop them like they have something in  their mouth. Now this is hapening again. I have so far three of my angels with this problem. I am sure this is an internal parasite. But those are difficult to treat and I did not have a lot of success last time when I tried to separate on my hostipal tank and treat them separetly. So I am going to rise the temp at about 90 F, treat my whole tank with PRIMAFIX. Is anybody has other advises?

Xavier

Re: Angel's wasting away.

I agree it sounds like you could have internal parasites, there are some other possiblities, but parasites are likely. Raising the temp is a good thing, leave it there for at least a week. I have not used the med you are talking about, I generally use metronidazole if I do not know what the parasite is, if I suspect worms I use flubendazole. Metro is commonly used for hole in the head, but treats other parasites as well. You could also use levamisole, but it has little effect on the egg stage of parasites so has to be used several times at 7 to 12 day increments for a week each time. good luck. I have been there and it is not a fun place to be.
    GIVE NONE, TAKE NONE - BE FREE, HAVE FUN

Comment

Working...
    X