Nitra-Zorb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitra-Zorb

Anyone ever use this stuff? I have six of the 7.4oz bags each of which is supposed to treat 55g. I would like to maintain my NO3 at around 4-5ppm max. I wish i could go lower but I know the plants need some in the water.
    Smokin_Cache
    Planning a new 150+ tank. Any suggestions?
    Lets see what the imagination fruits.
    Check out my last tank

Re: Nitra-Zorb

I tried it and didn't notice any change in my nitrates at all.  I hope I was a "fluke" and it works for you.

Comment

I am doing a 40% water change at the moment. When it is done I will test and report them here. I will test again tomorrow and do the same and we will see how they are.
      Smokin_Cache
      Check out my last tank

Comment

OK! I changed the water. Nitrates are at 20ppm. I put six 7.4oz nitra-zorb pouches in my sump that is advertised as enough to treat  440g of water. I am not real happy with the water flow through them, but if they are as advertised it should still work. If I like them I may set up the extra Eheim 2228 just for them.
        Smokin_Cache
        Check out my last tank

Comment

The results are in!! After 16.5hrs the nitrate level is below 0.5ppm. I have to read up and see how much I need for the plants. I will be gone until the 5th so I will check again then and see how it does on the long haul.
          Smokin_Cache
          Check out my last tank

Comment

07-05-06 17:30 Nitrates @ 2ppm

Looks like the stuff works.
            Smokin_Cache
            Check out my last tank

Comment

i search/googled nitrates and from the majority seachem purigen is the nitrate absorber/controller to use and it also polishes the water.

i ordered a three pack of bagged purigen to try it out. my nitrates are off the charts right now but my ammonia and nitrite is almost 0ppm which kinda makes me wonder if i tested it correctly. the wet/dry tank has never been clean other than the media and foam so that might contribute to it.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Well after 5 days on a 30% water nitrates have only made it up to 6ppm. I may have some Nitra-Zorb up for sale! Looks like the plants and algea are doing a good job.
                Smokin_Cache
                Check out my last tank

Comment

Working...
                X