Website Speed Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Speed Poll

I'm thinking about upgrading the website host so that the site will be much faster. Please take the above poll. Thanks, ken
    No, It's great! Amazingly fast!
    0%
    No, it's free. I'm fine with it and I know it costs money out of your pocket.
    0%
    Yes, I would visit and contribute more if it were faster.
    0%
    Yes, it's very slow and I'd be willing to donate a little money to make it happen.
    0%
    Yes, I deserve it because my mom says I'm special.
    0%
    No, I haven't been good this year, plus it would free up too much of my time.
    0%

Re: Website Speed Poll

what's yer paypal address?

I'm dying (a slow death) here

Comment

hahaha, me too. I just want to get more opinions here. I'm thinking of adding a voluntary donation section if anyone wants to help out, but I don't want to offend anyone. I'll let the votes play out. Thanks.

Comment

you can give those that volunteer to contribute some sort of enhancements - like better avatars or picture hosting or something

Comment

I already give all of that. I'm afraid all I have to offer is maybe a thank you from all of the users and a faster site. It's really not that big of a deal, I've just been thinking about how slow the site is and it's a bit irritating to me, so I'm sure it's irritating to others as well.

Comment

Hey, where the: Yes, BUT it's free. I'm fine with it and I know it costs money out of your pocket. That's my vote.

Ellen

Comment

The Houston Livebeareres Association was having trouble accessing our old website. It was too slow for dial up users. This site was no trouble for the same people. Its fast enough, and I will donate $10. How do I get it to you?

max

Comment

Hi Max, I really appreciate the offer. I don't want to take any money from anyone until I'm sure I'm going to upgrade. We'll see what everyone wants to do.

Comment

I am concerned that you will get lots of donations at first then it will fall to near nothing and then you are back to footing the whole bill.

Maybe instead of added features you just add a "Speed Members" page. LOL With a list of paying memebers. You could list them in order of cumulative amount donated. Then it would be a competition to stay on top of the list. Hmmmmm
                  Smokin_Cache
                  Planning a new 150+ tank. Any suggestions?
                  Lets see what the imagination fruits.
                  Check out my last tank

Comment

Maybe a fund raiser of sorts each month thru a raffle, online auction or something similiar?  Maybe a member with an Ebay seller account would be willing to assist? BTW, I have an Ebay seller account  :wink: .  I've also got an Aquabid account, but haven't used it for selling.

I'd be glad to contribute, but smokin has a point about the donations dropping off and leaving you holding the bag.  Don't a couple of other sites have a contributing members only forum in addition to the public forums? Just a couple of ideas to mullet over.

Nancy
                    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

It seems like some people are willing to help out. That's all I can ask. I think when we get enough people here some of the retailers will be able to help out financially as well. In any case, I will never let this board die. It's been too much of a help and too much fun for me and hopefully everyone else!  :dance:  :rock:  :dance:

Comment

If you like I can donate a discus or two for youu to raffle off or maybe an Angle or some frozen blood worms.

Walter
                        Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
                        Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
                        Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Thanks for the offer Walter! We'll see.

Comment

OK guys/gals, I've decided to move forward with upgrading our host. Hopefully it will be much faster. I hope to have it done this weekend for us, but I'm traveling so it will depend on laptop access. I went ahead and add a donation section to the front page if you're so inclined to do so. I haven't tested it yet, so let me... well, I just got a donation, so I guess it's working. It gives you an option to give your name or be anonymous. Let me know if that's working. Thanks!

Comment

It'll be great for the site to go faster. Thanks so much for upgrading us.   This site is really wonderful. Thanks also to those who can and choose to donate.

Ellen

Comment

Working...
                              X