Hello from Huffman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Huffman

I met several of you today at the Swap & Sell @ Scott's this morning. I thought I had signed up on here already, but if I did, I must have used an alias, because the system didn't know me.

I have a 75gal planted community tank with a 2" natural potting soil and vermiculite substrate, topped with 1/2" of pea gravel. I've had it set up since December '05. I'm using a Fluval 404 canister filter, a 450gph power head, home-made co2, 4 48" 40 watt Daylight flourecent bulbs + 1 Ascentic Blue 48" bulb & 1 10,000k 48" bulb. The last two were leftovers from my salt tank which I lost when Rita killed power at my place for 5 days. Aside from a several of plants, I have 10 Glowlight Tetras, a couple dozen Guppies, a dozen or so Ghost Shrimp, 4 Amano Shrimp, 2 YoYo Loaches, 3 Tiger Loaches, and I just added 4 Angels today, thanks to Xavier.

I hope to meet many more of you at the next meeting.

Jerry

75gal heavy planted tank
    pea gravel on soil substrate
    DIY CO2
    3 zebra botias, 9 glowlights, 2 yoyo loachs, wild guppies

55gal planted
    same substrate
    DIY CO2
    1 gold, 1 zebra, 4 koi, 2 dark zebra angels, ghost & amano shrimp

Re: Hello from Huffman

Hi Jerry, It was good to meet you as well. Nice tank!

Comment

I just saw this thread, sorry! Great looking tank! I have a couple questions. First, in the top left corner, what's the moss growing on? That looks neat, I wonder how many little guppies are hiding in there? And second, what's the foreground plant on the right that seems to have sent out about 200 daughter plants on runners?! Is it a foreground plant, or a tall plant waiting to take over?

Thanks, and it was great meeting you also at the swap!
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

The (christmas) moss in the upper left corner is hanging on sewing thread attached to 3 large suction cups. You can see one of them in the corner.
        The plant that seems to be taking over the front of the tank is (I believe) Corkscrew vallisneria (vallisneria asiatica). It was originally planted on the far right side of the tank, but has run to the front, and now across the front toward the left.
        Also mixed in among all the moss is:
        Bronze wendtii (cryptocoryne wendtii tropica)
        Green wendtii (cryptocoryne wendtii)
        Narrow Leaf  Chain Sword (echinodorus tennellus)
        There are a few more types in there, but I don't recall the names, and didn't write them down I guess.

Jerry
        75gal heavy planted tank
        pea gravel on soil substrate
        DIY CO2
        3 zebra botias, 9 glowlights, 2 yoyo loachs, wild guppies

55gal planted
        same substrate
        DIY CO2
        1 gold, 1 zebra, 4 koi, 2 dark zebra angels, ghost & amano shrimp

Comment

Working...
        X