Setting up a 90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up a 90

Im helping arm the homeless set up his 90 hex for cichlids, he wants to use sand on the botom and a whole lotta texas holey rock, we were thinking about one side being a large rock wall, any suggestions as to how to keep the rock stable and together or about setting up the rock wall in general. also he is looking for another cichlids that will get along with a whole lotta electric yellow labs. Oh yeah Sunny's had a good price for the texas holey rock and some nice pieces. let us know what you think
    Never fear I is here
    David Abeles
    Vice President
    Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Re: Setting up a 90

You can glue them to the back wall with silicone but when you finish it will be too heavy to move.
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Have you looked into making your own background? I know people have done it using styrofoam, paint, and ??? The pictures for it look really nice; it looks like a real rock wall. I don't know where I saw that online, I'll try looking for it again. Maybe somebody else here knows what I'm talking about...

Ellen

Comment

Here's something like what I'm talking about, but it would still be kinda heavy.

This one is more like the one I remember, but the one I'm thinking of is more detailed (and the finished product looks a little better IMO.)

Ellen

Comment

i was thinking you could tie all of the rock in a layer with like heavy fishing line, on the inside of a ring formation, then tie together a smaller ring for the next level, and put them together on the very edges with more ties, that way you would barely have any chance of visibility of the line and you could just cut the two or three outer lines and remove a layer at a time if you wanted to move it or rearange. what do yall think?
          Never fear I is here
          David Abeles
          Vice President
          Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Working...
          X