Aquarium World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquarium World

Was in there yesterday, felt bad for people buying.

Most tanks were horrible.  Too many had dead fish in them.

Their big discus tank was overrun with ick.

So was another one with big clown loaches.

All their africans (mbuna) looked like had never been fed.  (sunken stomach)

Such a shame, but most people in there have no clue but plenty of money.

oh well

Re: Aquarium World

I was in there yesterday as well, looking for media.  Some of their tanks also had a lot of algae on the glass, along with the sad looking fish.  I always look when I'm in there but have never bought a single fish or plant from them.  With their prices, you'd think they would be better equipped to take care of their fish.  Some of them do have a clue, they know how to work the register   .  I guess it's not just them, my LFS also had a tank of sick Discus.  Okay, I'll go back to my saucer of milk now!
    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

I have been in there a few times and have noticed the store going down in quality of fish and service the last year or so. There is quite a bit of money invested in that store, I think it is mostly a matter of management attitude. It has a great location and you would think it would do better than it has.
      GIVE NONE, TAKE NONE - BE FREE, HAVE FUN

Comment

Isn't that the one off 290?  They have a custum aquarium on the right hand side that's is huge (floor to Ceiling) if its the one I'm thinking of.  If it is, it was nice to visit a few years back, but dang they were expensive.  I guess they had to comp for their setup.  

Raul
        Raul
        PokerFace

Comment

It used to be such a nice place to visit, and the fish were reasonable, but I was there a couple weeks ago and noticed a couple dead fish with the other eating them - YUK! I had my grandson, but I steered him clear of those tanks!

I know the owner has been gone a couple weeks, but maybe it is more of a problem than "when the cat's away the mice shall play."

Too bad, because I wanted to go there to get some danios. They are pricey, but back their fish - or at least they used to.

Comment

went there today and cant argue the about their stock but they did have one nice piece of petri. rock that i plan to come back and get, too bad they charge so much and the rock was almost 40lbs.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I am baffled. I went to AW on Friday, and again on Monday. Friday it looked really good, lots of fish and very clean all the way around.

Monday the tanks were fairly barren, the tanks were dirty with gubby fingerprints ( and not so neat inside the tank either) and there were some sick/dying fish floating around.

I had a friend who wanted to treat me to a couple fish, but I said no way. There was one particular tanks that I got 2 danios from on Friday, but it looked totally different Mon. Long tailed danios without tails, slow moving. Yuk.

I asked what had happened and the front counter person said there was a run on fish over the weekend (which would have to be on Sat - closed Sun.) but I don't know. So my friend bought me a decoration as a fish "housewarming" and we left. The rocks and decorations looked fine! LOL!

Comment

I was in there yesterday also. I thought the tanks looked ok. I didn't noticed fingerprints and I was surprised that I only saw one dead fish. They were also floating lots of bags and cleaning the tanks when I was in there. What time were you there?

Ellen

Comment

Ellen,

I was there around 3-3:30, and I was mostly wandering around the tetras, danio, etc. section, but did look at everything.

I did notice all the floating bags, and a few dark tanks in the saltwater section. And there was someone trying to clean tanks, but customers kept bothering him.

In their defense I will say that while I was there I saw 2 families with a bunch of children, and you know how kids have to put their hands on everything!

I was curious about the background you bought. How much did that run you, if you don't mind me asking? I was thinking of putting one on my tank.

Comment

Daisymac,

I paid $17 and change for four feet. I'll be putting it on my tank when I move it on Sunday or Monday. I've never had any experience with OceanVisions before, but I think its going to be great. I had a tape-on background for a few weeks when I first started out and I absolutely hated it, since then I haven't used one at all. I think that the stick on one is going to be right up my alley.

Ellen

Comment

Working...
                    X