Hiya!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiya!

I decided to introduce myself. I have been keeping fish for about 6 years now. I just moved back to Houston from Florida a few months ago. Last night I finished moving all my stuff into my new apartment (from my parents' house), and now (for the first time in MONTHS) I can actually think about getting some new plants and fish! I was so discouraged, I didn't want to get any new fish just to stress them out again by uprooting their new world.

Currently I am going through a native phase, which I hope will last forever. A few Florida natives moved to Texas with me, and I can't get enough of them. So, my favorite tank is my 40B with native fish and plants.

Well, I just wanted to let all of you guys know how happy I am to have found this site, and I hope to be able to offer something some time.  Thanks!
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: Hiya!

Thanks Mzungu! I've seen you around for awhile. It's always interesting to find out just what people have and what they enjoy!

Comment

What kind of bird is that? Its super cute!

Ellen

Comment

A Jenday Conure. She's loud, but great!

Comment

Welcome. What kind of "natives" do you have?

max

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!

Well, I have 4 (+ 8 or so fry) sailfin mollies (couldn't resist, they're so active and fun!), two plecos, and about 10 lucania goodei that I found behind my grandparents' house near Tampa, Florida. And when I lived in Tallahassee, I picked up 2 swamp darters from an LFS when I was perusing their feeder tanks. When I worked at an LFS, I found that when we ordered the feeder shipments, I would spend an hour or so just looking through the guppies and ghost shrimp to see what I could find. Picked up a few more bluefins that way. When the owner of the other store asked if I wanted the darters, I jumped on it. The plants in the tank are from both Florida and Texas. I'm hoping that this summer I'll be able to find some more plants and fishies. I'll be going to the Frio river, and also hopefully Lake Livingston, so we'll see!

Comment

Working...
            X