Sunny's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunny's

Well, it's not like me to have something nice to say about a particular store, which is why this post surprises me more than anyone. I was very pleasantly surprised when I walked into Sunny's, the view from the outside had left me a little apprehensive. Don't let the outside fool you, Mike has a pretty decent selection of fish in this small store, and they are very reasonably priced to boot. If he doesn't have it in stock, he seems very willing to get it in for you and will even cut you a deal on it when it does come in! When you stop in, ask Mike to show you his sump setup, he has incorporated mangroves into his sump to make for a truly maintenance free sump system. The thing that impressed me most about Sunny's was the fact that I didn't get any B.S., if Mike didn't know something, he admitted it right up front with no qualms or stories. To me that is more refreshing than the reasonable pricing, the spotless tanks, and the nice selection. The only drawback I found was a limited selection in the support section, ie. lights, substrates, filters, you know, all the crap that goes with the tanks. I can understand that tho with this being a relatively new store, I'm sure that will all soon follow. All in all, I think I have found a new "favorite" store. good job Mike, thanks for the tour.
    Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Re: Sunny's

so did you get that Tropheus????
    2 75s, 125,55,25 and 14 gallon tank

Comment

couldint of said it any better scott  ,and ive been going their since the 90's and seen it go threw three diffrent owners and mike has totally did a 180 for the good!  

p.s. those trop's were awsome! bought me a couple of geos though
      Tropheus Elitist Maximus
      150 Troph & Petro mix Link
      ** P.Trewavasae P.F.Chimba P.M.green **
      ** T.Zongwe**

150 Tropheus Moorii "Murago" Link

Comment

No, I didn't get one, I got seven! Which unfortunately was all he had at the time. I will be getting more tho just as soon as his suppliers come thru for me. What do you think, 20 in a 125 should look pretty damned impressive huh? Maybe I should go for 40?, hehe
        Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

Thanks alot guys....i got a story to tell...this lady walked into my store opening up bird cages...i asked her not to do it and she started yelling about me abusing the birds and yelling all kinds of french...about that ."i had a bird taht was in a fish tank this morning, cause he got out" so it was in really bad shape.and she didnt understand that for some reason.so i asked her to leave ..and she goes hell no! and flicked me off..so i called the cops...she got a warning for criminal trespasing and she cant come back...and on the police report it says " i found no evidence of animal abuse.." OMG that was the low point of my day...i even told her that bird has been in a fish tank...

but anyways thanks for the great comments guys
          Resident BUM !!!

Comment

OMG! That is awful Mike. I hate people who think they know everything. I want to come visit your shop. I collect Geos and Gynogeos. No one ever has them! I will be coming out next time I'm on the north side.

Comment

I saw a couple in Mikes tanks on Sat. Better hurry before they are all gone, hehe.

Comment

yes HURRY !!! hehe...yea.. ill find you some nice ones..haha..update..on the lady..she's trying to get spca animal controll on me with pictures of birds...yes i have had unheathy birds at my shop..yes i feed and give the water everyday...i cant help it if they come in with messed up feathers, or has leg problems, it happens ! at least i keep them and try to nurse them back to good health, instead of just ditching them...and i cant help it if they hurt themselves or eachother...i think its sad how some people just want to try and ruin others hard work..espically when they dont even know whats really going on... gosh..what a day...

BTW i love fish !!!if u guys didnt know..
                Resident BUM !!!

Comment

See,all the more reason to forget the birds and stick to fish. We all know the SPCA don't give a sh** about fish. Thats why people can overstock their tanks and kill off vast quantities of fish with nothing ever being said. Who wants a cockatiel anyways, when they could have a nice tank full of cardinals?, hehe.

Comment

I agree totally. Stick to fish. They are cleaner and quieter, and heartier than birds.

Comment

i HATE birds..haha.no not really.the reason they are even there is because its my moms project ...hehe
                      Resident BUM !!!

Comment

dropped by Mike's the other day and was glad that i did

i was happy to see some very nice display tanks

especially love the discus tank

very clean and roomy shop

has very good prices as well.  

way to go mike

Comment

yeah your discus looked better than anyone else's in town and were very very well priced, but i dont have time for discus, still though great job on your setups
                          Never fear I is here
                          David Abeles
                          Vice President
                          Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

thanks for the great comments..really makes me feel like what im doing is right...cause i get alot of complaints about my displays...like.."you save all the good fish for yourself" or "why is it here if its not for sale" or " nothing nice in here is forsale" things like that..sometimes it makes me just wanna take those displays back home..but then...the people who i would want to see it..cant..iono..just one mans opinion
                            Resident BUM !!!

Comment

I can think of a lot of replys for such people but I know it's not conducive to more sales.

I suppose you could tell them that if they take good care of their tanks they will look like your displays in 6 months or if they wanted to hire some profesionals to set up and maintain a a tank for them you would be happy to provide and care for a similar tank for only $XXX/mo
                              'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                              He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
                              X