Megan's Tropical Emporium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megan's Tropical Emporium

Hello everyone,  I stopped in on my way home today and was very pleased that I did.  the store is neat, they have clean tanks, no over whelming fish smell to greet you at the door.  The staff was really helpful and knew what they were talking about.  They have a nice selection of fish (fresh and salt).  They also ordered me a pair of fish that wasnt in stock for no extra cost.  The prices are also very reasonalbe.  Everyone should check these guys out.  Thanks to whoever posted the name on the shop list.

Re: Megan's Tropical Emporium

When did this store drop off of the "Supporter's" list?  I just now noticed it?

Comment

I have a deal with the supporters. I'll put them up on the site and they'll refer people here. Very few people were ever referred. I offered them other arrangements, but they never responded.

Comment

Hey folks, I just wanted to let everyone know that this was just a misunderstanding and Megan is once again(always was really) a supporter. She's going to be hosting the Betta Show and Auction coming up. Check the calendar on the homepage for more details. Thanks Megan!

Comment

I just want to say that in my referal I put Aqua Zoo.

They are the ones who had me join.
          380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
          300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
          180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
          150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

I stopped by Megans last week and had a pleasent experience.  I've been there before a few times and I like it much better than when it was down the street and was called Neptunes.  The reason is I guess because their setup is nicer and not cluttered.  The staff has always been friendly.

I was making a small purchase and asked if they offered a discount to HFB members and the young man told me no at first stating that they were still new and trying to establish themselves.  I told him that was fine and totally understood, but as he rang up my bill he still gave a 10% discount.  Nice guy, wish I could remember his name.......I'm bad with names.

Anyways, I just wanted to share........and by the way, what ever happen with the Auction mentioned earlier in this string?

Raul
            Raul
            PokerFace

Comment

That particular show and auction has passed, but their Spring show and auction is scheduled for the  weekend of March 24th.  

Here's a link to the most recent info:

http://www.bettahabari.org/show/show.html
              Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

very nice place they have going there
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Visited for the first time on Saturday, nice shop! I came home with 4 new bluefin killies, Lucania goodei, that I found in one of their tanks. Guess they pull out the natives/etc. from the feeder shipments, as well! Good experience, and I'm very happy my other bluefins will have some "new blood" in the population.  :)
                  "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

It is a nice store. They havent had any angels bigger than a quarter both times ive been in there, but the tanks are clean and fish look good.

Ive almost stepped on the cat both times i went in.

Definately worth a visit.

Comment

thats funny you mention the cat because i have had similar experience with it.

the first time i went in i was like "a cat in a fish store? this cant be good..."

Comment

Now they have two cats.
                        So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

My kid loves the cats, sure makes it a lot easier, if I say lets go see Peanut!!
                          380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                          300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                          180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                          150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

I was by there today.

Just letting you know they have...

Ember Tetras for $2.99
                            Galaxy Rasboras for $4.99
                            Raul
                            PokerFace

Comment

Where are they located?