Tiny swimming bugs in my 70gal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny swimming bugs in my 70gal

I found probably hundreds of tiny little white oval bugs swimming in my tank. Their propulsion looks cilia like. They are about the size of the point of a stick pin. I assume I had always had them in there and the fish were eating them. It's the tank where I had 34 iceblue zebras that I auctioned off. Now I just have 1 marbled plecostomus. Anyway, I thought it was kind of cool, because I used to have marine tanks and I always liked the critters in there.  :dance:

Re: Tiny swimming bugs in my 70gal

Is that a good thing or a bad thing, or just it kinda cool and doesn't hurt anything?
    Raul
    PokerFace

Comment

It seems like a good thing. The fish I had in there were all healthy and the one I have left in there is apparently healthy. I've read about these elsewhere and they don't seem to present any danger. Just more food for the fish. I'm going to introduce another fish tonight and see if the population declines.

Comment

put 3 or 4 in your betta bowl  
        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Are they daphnia?  They'll consume green water.

Comment

Working...
          X