MTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTS

Seems like we have quite a few people here with MTS "multi tank syndrome". For those of you who are afflicted, how about a listing of the tanks you have and what you raise.
    Myself, I have:
    2 x 125
    9 x 75
    3 x 55
    6 x 45
    2 x 30
    5 x 20L
    2 x 20
    1 x 12
    1 x 10
    2 x 5
    For a total of 33 tanks, the sad news is, I am expecting another 39 20L at the end of next month. As for what I raise, I am an African guy. Currently I have 12 different species of peacocks, 2 different species of juli's, red zebra's, yellow labs, ice blue's, hongi's, electric blue's, and auratus'. My wife is now focusing on small SA cichlids like keyholes and rams, as well as angels.
    Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Re: MTS

1- 68g
    3- 45g
    2- 40g
    5- 20g
    3- 15g
    8- 10g
    5-  5g
    36- 1g
    100+ 1/3g
    Had to get rid of my large tanks and half the mid sized ones when I moved to my new place.
    I breed, raise and show top quality Bettas.  And I dabble in a little bit of everything else.
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

1-200g
      1-150g
      1-70g
      1-2.5g

I was raising Ice Blue Zebras, but I'm trying not to raise anything right now. My 200g is populated with various africans: Ice Blue Zebras, Red Zebras, Lithobates, Snow white zebras, Yellow Labs, E. Livingstoni, Lab trewavasae, Plecos, chinese algae eater, Copadichromis borleyi, Melanochromis johannii, Yellow Tail Acei, Albino Melanochromis auratus, Eureka Peacock, Sunshine Peacock, Bumble Bee, Copadichromis chrysonotus, Sciaenochromis Fryeri, and I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but that's a good start. My 70g is empty except for a marbled pleco because I auctioned everything from that tank off. My 2.5g has a betta. My 150g is empty right now.

Comment

MTS=malaysian trumpet snails

I have:
        46g bowfront - 5 angels, 6 black neons, 1 candy stripe pleco, 1 platy
        20g long - empty
        10g - empty
        5g hex - empty
        3x 1g w/ airstone-powered ugf

So far I have the least number of gallons. :)

I had 7 angels, but last week while I was gone for 5 days, my power went out, and I lost the 2 little bitty ones. I *hate* the place I'm living in now, its soooo old.    Come July I'm going to have all the tanks up and running and I think I'm gonna finally try a planted tank.

Comment

1 75 gallon with 2 full grown Oscars
          1 55 gallon- 1 Geophagus proximous,1 geo rhabdosi,2 geo setequedas, 2 Geo Red humps, 1 large blood parrot
          1 55 gallon with 1 P polleni, Black Calvus, 2 Silver Dollar, 1 syno greshoffs
          1 25 gallon with 2 neo lepupi, 3 julli trranscriptus, 1 julli regatti, 1 syno eurupturous, 1 black Calvus
          1 9 gallon planted with Anubias, java moss, anacharis, 5 harliquin rasboras, 1 male betta, 12 or so endlers, 5 corydoras, 1 mystery snail
          1 12 gallon nano cube with 10 lbs live rock, 1 false percula clown, 1 yellow watchman goby
          2 75s, 125,55,25 and 14 gallon tank

Comment

Now this is a loaded question.
            2 75's
            1 125
            1 35 hex
            1 35 corner
            1 40 breeder
            2 20's
            1 10
            7 29's