PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a special Betta

sottobosco
05-15-2006, 09:31 AM
Hi. ¬*I can't believe I am actually contemplating doing this but I was in Village Tropical Fish this Sunday and was looking at their bettas. ¬*To my astoishment they had a black marble male betta and I ended up buying him. ¬*Anyway, my question to you is do you have a female, green or cornflower blue with high irridesence (or another marble!) that I could either buy or lease for a breeding? ¬*If you don't but know of someone that I could get a female from and could steer me in the right direction, I would be very grateful. ¬*

Also, if you still have a start of java moss, I would love to get some. ¬*I don't need a huge amount. ¬*Just enough to get established, that would be awesome. ¬*If you are interested, I have pygmy-chain swords and thin leaved java fern to trade. ¬*I also have a small amount of medium sized java fern for that matter.

Thanks,
Robert

PhishPhreek
05-15-2006, 04:18 PM
RASMART61ATaolDOTcom it the BettaHabari President and also an importer so he should have or be able to get any color you want.

Blacks come in two kinds - the black marble that you have found and black Melano (unfortunately melano females are infertle)

By the way, Black bettas are shown in the "A" class which is non-irridescent and blues & greens are shown in the "B" class for irridescent bettas. ¬*

You might consider looking for a copper-black which is one of the new metalic colors and very irridescent. ¬*A beautiful fish if you like the dark colors.