Free Kittens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Kittens

I am working at my parents old house in Baytown, it's been empty for almost a year now. In the jungle (backyard) I found 4 little kittens. Nobody I know wants a kitten right now, and I really don't want to take them to the shelter, so they're up for free. Just found, no shots, I'm guessing 5 weeks old. I have no idea on the sexes...kittens are a mystery to me.  :? 3 have tails, one is a bob. 3 are tabbies, one is black. They are fluffy and adorable, but probably going to have a longer coat on them when they're older.

Ellen

Re: Free Kittens

Cant take a kitten right now, wish I could though!!!
    Just wanted to say taht I hope you tell whomever takes a kitten to have them spayed/neutered to prevent the very same thing happening in a few months! Also, if you cant find homes for them, please take them to a shelter so that they can be spayed/neutered and cared for responsibly....
    --peace

Comment

Would that classify as "Catfish"?
      Raul
      PokerFace

Comment

LittleZoo: They are the product of a person who lives around the corner and has 30 or so feral cats. I grabbed them up so young because if they are not socialized with people starting right about now, they will also be feral. The mom cat is still taking care of them, but it would be better if they went to caring homes now. I hate when people are not responsible enough to spay or neuter their pets. Nobody can possibly take care of that many animals.

Ellen

Comment

Is there any way you can trap the mother cat?  I had a feral cat that kept having litter after litter.  She'd been in the neighborhood for quite while.  The last litter she had, I trapped/caught the kittens (3) one at a time and then managed to trap her as well.  I took the wild little monster to the vet and had her fixed.  They had to put a bag around the cage and gas her to knock her out for the surgery.  At least she didn't have any more litters.  She did hang around the rest of her life.  She'd come to eat, but wouldn't let you touch her.  Two of the kittens, now cats, I still have.  One never quite adapted to being a house cat or people person.  She always had that wild look in her eyes.  When she got older I would let her out and she would begrudingly come back in.  One day she just quite coming in.  I used to see her come up to eat outside at night sometimes, but she had become completely feral again and wouldn't let anyone near her.  She was almost two years old before I started letting her out.  I did have all three kittens fixed so at least she wasn't adding to the population.
          Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

The cat belongs to somebody, and to catch her wouldn't really solve the problem because she has so many. It's like Catville over there. *yuck* AND I know she has more inside, its not just the ones outside. Some of this lady's cats are sweet and will come right up to you begging for attention, but most of them are feral. I don't talk to the lady, so I don't even know if she realizes that this particular cat has any kittens...It is irresponsible pet ownership gotten out of hand. If I can't find them homes by Friday, I am going to take them to the Brazos Animal Shelter.

Ellen

Comment

No cats for me thanks though my cat I caught across the street with 8 :doh:  kittens. Her and her kittens were all living in a culvert pipe and so I found homes for all the kittens but not the mom so we fixed her and now she happily lives with me going by the name of piper. She is so nice and I think the old owners abandoned her.
              Mark

Comment

Dont know specifics about your area, but it is probably illegal to have that many cats. You could report them to your animal shelter, they will send someone out to check out the situation, maybe take some cats, definatly urge the owner to get them altered. It might not be the friendliest hting to do, but the best for the animals. Maybe the owner isnt aware of or able to do the best thing on her own?

Comment

Working...
                X